“Beautiful”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$20.36*
and up
Skip the Line: State Hermitage Museum St...
$50.00*
and up
Small-Group St Petersburg Hermitage Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry and...
$41.92*
State Hermitage Museum Small-Group Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 1,826 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most famous art museums in the world, this museum is housed in the Winter Palace, and contains over 2.7 million exhibits including some of the world's greatest works of art.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything was beautiful. I was a little bit frustrated becaused I ´ve purchased tickets for the Winter Palace and when I went for my visit, it was closed in the morning, and there was no signs informing it. As I had other activities to do in the afternoon, I couldn´t return to visit that part of the Hermitage.

1  Thank Maria Raquel L

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wonderful -- very clean and well maintained. The people were all very friendly and helpful. Paintings were magnificient. Tour guide was very professional and knowlegeable.

1  Thank JHCollins1
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Go there and enjoy. There will be a lot of people but it is a huge place. We booked a tour guide and that way avoided the queues. The tour was excellent and effective. Meaning that we could see the most important bits and listen to the very interesting information at the same time via headsets.

1  Thank pepics
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

1. Go on Thursday when it's free only if you are poor--extremely crowded in summer.
2. Get Tix online if you can so you go to head of the long line.
3. Go Wednesday, buy a ticket, and see the guidebook highlights, and then go back Thursday to see more obscure stuff tour groups skip.
4. Plan ahead what you want to see-- use a travel guide book like lonely planet.
5. Take little breaks to look out the window or sit on a bench and people watch or you'll just burn out.
6. Look up--the ceilings are amazing.

1  Thank Lori R
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I spent 5 hours visiting the various parts of the Hermitage on my own, and 1.5 hours with a guide. This was some of the best spent time in Russia, and even in Europe. If I lived in St. Petersburg, I would bring all my visitors from around the world to see it - not just to share it and impress them, but for me to enjoy it again and again! Thank you Russian Federation for preserving this priceless home for your heritage.

1  Thank Shawn-Happy-Client