“This hotel is not cheap, but is among the nicest of the many I have stayed at in Russia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
Solo Hotel On Yakubovicha
Ranked #455 of 944 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 13, 2013

1) There is no lift (elevator). It is up 2 flights of stairs and would be impossible for the handicapped, and would be difficult for anyone with difficulty carrying up their luggage!
2) My room was outstanding, among the nicest I have been in in Russia, at any price. It was immaculately clean. It overlooked a famous local building, the manege. There were two large (new) windows that opened. The room was spacious, The plumbing was new and excellent. There were extra pillows.There was a mini- fridge. It lacked a reading chair, a washcloth, and a sink stopper (the latter 2 are almost never present in Russia). It was totally quiet (except for inevitable street noise).
3) The breakfast was more than ample and of good quality: blini, boiled egg, yogurt, h&c cereal, cheese, cold cuts, bread, juice. Nice toaster & microwave, It is the same every day. But only 2 small tables for 7 rooms. There might be room for a few more places, but maybe not.
4) Staffed by one young person at a time each on for 24 hours at a stretch.. The 2 (of 5) who spoke English were current university students. They were all pleasant and courteous. They clearly were chosen carefully & trained well. They served me early breakfast with no complaint.
5) The location is superb: walking distance to almost anything: Neva, Hermitage, Mariinsky, New Holland, a new Metro stop, in a quiet, nice neighborhood. Try the Crocodile Bistro a few blocks away: a find.
In summary, overall, one of the nicest places I have stayed in Russia. I hope to return. My conference was at a five star hotel nearby, where costs were more than twice that of this hotel. I prefer this one.

Room Tip: Ask for rear corridor, so as not to hear buzzer at front door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MassDoc

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I found this hotel online and I'm glad I did, it was a lovely hotel. The hotel is made out of a converted apartment but it is lovely. The rooms are large and clean. Also the staff are very friendly and were able to change my room from a twin to a single at the last minute when my friend couldn't make it, this is excellent customer service and I wish more hotels were like this. Also the location is excellent which is just a few minutes from St Isaacs cathedral. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo