“Nice atmosphere and wonderful food.”
Review of Bozhole - CLOSED

Bozhole
Cuisines: European, Russian
Neighborhood: Nevskiy
Neighborhood: Nevskiy
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice atmosphere and wonderful food.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My first night in St. Petersburg I arrived in early evening and found this place while walking to the money exchange. It is only a few meters off of Nevsky Pr. and quite easy to find. Some of the staff spoke some English and others didn't but all were very nice. The menu is in both English and Russian. That night I had the salmon in white wine and orange sauce with grilled vegetables. The fish was nicely cooked The sauce was pleasant and didn't overpower the taste of the salmon. I went back to this restaurant another night and tried the duck breast in forest berry sauce and it was even better. (It was more expensive than the fish but not outrageous). The sauce had a hint of sweetness, but again, it was well balanced and not cloying or sticky. The duck was served with just a hint of pink. I prefer duck to be quite rare but didn't think to ask for it that way. I'm sure had I thought to do so they would have obliged.
Finally, the atmosphere is very nice. Wine bottles and books decorate the upstairs. Downstairs is where the bulk of the seating is and it is more modern feeling. They had a live accordion player but the volume was kept at a level where you could still easily converse. Something I wish this place would teach the rest of the world. I find it very pleasant not to have to shout at my dinner companions.
In short, I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011