KURS-Spb Ltd - Day Tours
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent tout and guide

We did a 2 day tour with our guide, Maria. She spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed August 23, 2018
Lisa J
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
via mobile
Fantastic 2 Day Tour!

Reviewed November 5, 2017
hartsmith2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All reviews cruise ship day tour excellent guide katia van driver arrangements st petersburg tours highlights visa
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2017

My family and I visited St. Petersburg for two days as part of a cruise. My parents, sister, niece, and my husband and I all went on a tour together. This company was fantastic from the first email to the last good-bye. We customized their 2 day tour to add an extra stop to the Church on Spilt Blood, the Faberge museum, and extra time to eat dinner on the first night. Katya was very helpful and responsive throughout the whole booking process.

My mom uses a wheelchair when we need to walk far (around a museum, for example). The vans were able to accomodate it, and our tour guide, Mila, was helpful in finding the correct entrances for us, and making sure we were able to see everything.

Mila was great! She was very helpful, friendly, and informative, and always made sure we passed lines and got where we needed to be. She also helped us find good places to eat lunch that were fast and very tasty! We had different drivers on day 1 and day 2, and both drivers were safe and efficient. The driver on day 2 was great! I'm sorry I can't remember his name. He helped us get the wheelchair in and out, and although he didn't speak english well, he communicated through Mila and was very funny and friendly!

I was a little nervous about not using the cruise ship's tours, but it turns out that I had no reason to be! They were always on time, took care of our tourist visas, and were sure to get us back to the boat on time!

KURS set up a dinner reservation for us as well. They gave us some choices based on our preferences and then helped us pick the best one for us. We ended up eating at Teplo, which had a great atmosphere and food.

Overall, we had a great experience and would definitely book with KURS-Spb again if we were going back! I recommend them to everyone traveling to St. Petersburg!

PROS:
- Mila was awesome
- Being able to customize our tour was great- we were able to see everything we really wanted to see (I mean, with only having 2 days, of course)
- So nice to have a private tour and be with just our family

CONS:
- Our canal ride was supposed to be in English, but it was only in Russian. I would try to make sure to avoid that, because while it was pretty, we really missed out on not being able to understand what they were saying.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2017

We choose to Kurs-Spb Ltd and it was the best decision. Communication with Katya thru email was very easy and her advice's was very helpful. We was meet
in sea port by guide Elena Svetlova and driver Leonid. 2 day of sightseeing was magical. Our experience was all over our expectations Would recommend Kurs-Spb for unforgettable trip to St.Petersburg.

Leon and Natalie
Melbourne, Australia.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We experienced the magical city of St Petersburg in the best way possible and managed to cram so much into just two days. Kurs Tours was indeed a find and the service we received was faultless. We selected this company on the basis that they specialised in small tours. We were a group of three and were surprised and pleased to find on arrival, that we had a guide, a driver and a Mercedes SUV all to ourselves.

Somehow, Lana our friendly, informative and knowledgeable guide was able to usher us past the crowds and queues and knew exactly the best routes to take round the museums, galleries and churches.

Sergei the driver was kind and thoughtful and managed to find parking spaces where we thought none existed. Lunch was provided on both days and we were treated to good Russian fare.

This was an experience to treasure made all the better by Kurs Tours.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 21, 2017

This tour company was selected because it advertised small groups. As it turned out, there were the two of us, the driver, Leo, and our excellent guide, Lena. We had a very nice new car and were able to navigate all the heavy traffic. The selection of sites to see was fantastic. You can only use that word and other adjectives so many times. Lena was extremely knowledgeable, spoke very good English, and answered all our questions. Her explanations and details made the history come to life. Meals both days were local cuisine and very good. We saw all the beautiful places listed for the tour and several extras. Many thanks to Lena and Leo for an unforgettable trip to St. Petersburg!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Were were a party of just 4 on a 2 day sightseeing of St Petersburg with a wonderful guide, Mila, and her driver in an a/c Mercedes people carrier. We were met as uarranged at 9.00am and given an overview of St Petersburg and then onto St Catherine's Palace where we just went straight in ahead of all the large parties which, by the way, happened wherever we went! This was our first stop and was a beautiful place and Mila gave us a running commentary of everything as she did throughout the whole two days. We saw so many wonderful places, too many to mention, and we asked to see certain places not on the itinery and Mila gladly took us. can not speak highly enough of the whole experience , The Peterhof Gardens, Churches, The Hermitage, the canal ride and all the magnificent buildings along the way. Cannot fault this tour company and our particular guide and driver and a tour with just 4 people is definitely the best way to see this wonderful city.

Date of experience: July 2017