“ST Petersburg, August 2012”

KURS-Spb Ltd - Day Tours
Ranked #57 of 411 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Planning your tour to St. Petersburg and the Baltic Sea region? Don’t hesitate to contact us - fully licensed and reliable tour operator! We offer customized and ready-made tours for groups of all sizes. We guarantee knowledgeable and professional guides, safe and skilful drivers, flexibility, careful and personal approach to every gues. Let’s discover St. Petersburg & The Baltics together!
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am so pleased we found KURS-Spb Ltd-Day Tours.

Myself and my daughter were in St. Petersburgh for two days as our ship (jewel of the Seas was there)
I found Kurs on the internet and booked before we arrived via,Katya.
Katya was so helpful in getting us to see what we wanted to see in the time frame we wanted, and the two days were spent doing just that. Katya was very fast with email replies and suggestions of how to spend our time.
This trip was tailor made just for the two of us and KURS were unbeatable in their prices.

I was so pleased with our guide Tatianna, she was remarkable and seemed to know evrything.
Tatianna knew all the short cuts at the entrances to the sites, and she was very helpful, her English, her manners, demeanure, elequence, knowledge and attitude were remarkable.
We were picked up at the ship on both mornings and taxied to our palaces and museums with ease, our driver was Alexis was also very nice, and the car was very clean, he knew the roads very well, and always got us parked not far from the doors or gates.

Thank you for giving us a wonderful time, I am looking forwards to coming back.

2  Thank alice1908
"peterhof gardens"
"cruise port"
"canal ride"
in 2 reviews
"peter and paul fortress"
in 4 reviews
"group tour"
in 3 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a fabulous tour with Kurs-Spb. Katya was very professional and prompt in replying to my emails. We customized the tour to suit our group of 10 people. I found their tour to be very reasonably priced. With the extra 15% discount offered, the rate was very good when compared to the other tour companies. Lana our guide was very detailed and full of information. The whole tour was very well organized and no time wasted. We experienced a lot in such a short time. It would not have been possible if we tried to do this on our own. Thank you Katya and your team for such a wonderful and memorable experience in St Petersburg.

1  Thank PaulineT714
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Other reviews have been raving about their experiences with KURS, and I agree 100%. Katya was wonderful about arranging (and rearranging, and rearranging) our itinerary, Nadia was a great guide, and Alex a courteous, safe driver. We (a group of four) did all the major sites, plus some that were of specific interest to our group, like the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad (900 day Siege), and a quilt shop. Perfect!

I want to emphasize the benefits of a custom tour. The cruise ships tell you you can't get off the ship without a visa. Not true! They use a registered tour company for their excursions, and you pay extra for the middle man. KURS-SPb is a registered tour company and gets the visa for you. And boy, is it worth it to get a private tour. IF we had been able to go all the places we went with Nadia and Alex thru the ship tours, it would have cost about $300 per person more. But it wouldn't have been possible, because they only went to a couple places per excursion, and some of the tours overlapped, so you had to choose one place over another. And some places weren't offered at all by the standard shore excursions. Plus, no waiting for 40 people to get on/off a bus, use the restroom, wait in lines, etc.

And now KURS-SPb specifically. I contacted five companies specifically asking for a private tour, and giving them a list of places we wanted to see. Four responded with their standard group offerings and itineraries, and some of them not too promptly. Only Katya responded immediately with exactly what we asked for, the first time! She was great about telling us how much we could pack into two days, and still live to tell about it! Nadia was a joy to be with personally, a great maneuverer through crowds, and knew the perfect line to draw between letting us explore as we wished, yet keeping us on schedule. The company and the city are a delight!

4  Thank Ellen F
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a Baltic Cruise (July 2012) and the highlight for me was visiting St Petersburg, with KURS-SPb. The trip was a very last minute decision and so I did not have too much time to arrange an excursion in St Petersburg. To be honest, I did try and book a group excursion with several tour operators (after having read reviews about them on TripAdvisor) but because we had left it so late the companies I tried were all fully booked - including KURS-SPb. But Katya, the owner of KURS-SPb, was the only one who came back to me and offered a private tour.
Well, that was the best thing we could have done!
It was a little more expensive than a group tour, but it really enhanced our experience of St Petersburg.
Katya responded to my every email and question very quickly and efficiently. And she was very assuring too! And she accommodated all the little changes I wanted to make - so that I could see as much of St Petersburg as I possibly could, in 2 days.
Nadia, our guide (who met us right outside immigration) was an absolute delight. Her English was outstanding and her love of St Petersburg so evident that it was contagious. She was also extremely knowledgable of all the places we visited. She was excellent!
With Nadia, we managed to avoid the queues of the Hermitage and Catherine's Palace and saw many, many highlights of St Petersburg. I so enjoyed our subway visit and the canal trip, as well as the Church of the Spilled Blood and Peterhoff to name but a few. And because there were only two of us, it made the whole experience so much more personal.
We also enjoyed two very authentic lunches of blinis and borsch!
Our driver was also very good, and we enjoyed the comfort of a new model Mercedes minibus.
Without KURS-SPb (Katya) and Nadia I don't believe we would have had such a wonderful and memorable experience of St Petersburg. It really was a dream come true!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend KURS-SPb to any prospective visitor to St Petersburg.
Morag

2  Thank Morag W
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When planning a tour of St, Petersburg , especially when on a cruise with a 36 hour or similar limited port stop, there are countless considerations. Lots of research has to be done; questions back and forth, time,distance,location,pacing and stamina need to be taken into consideration and KURS-Spb Ltd did all of this for us beautifully. Katya and her team followed through on each and every of my special and very specific request. I started with a daunting list of must sees and dos and with the attentive help of our delightful and knowledgeable guide Nadia and skillful driver Alexie, we were able to breeze through our itinerary and agenda with ease , attention to detail ,and total enjoyment. KURS-Spb Ltd. is the way to go and get the most from your visit.
This is a very special city and if you are lucky enough to visit you should take the time and effort to contact a professional guide service, hopefully KURS-Spb Ltd and let them help you work it all out. Please don't shortchange yourself or Peter the Great's "WIndow to the West".
A ship shore excursion, the other option, is so generic and involves so much "in line waiting" and grouping and collecting people that your actually sight seeing time is compromised. With the 72 hour visa waiver (Your tour ticket from KURS , via email is your visa) you are free to exit and return to the ship with your guide , on your schedule and really have the "non-tour group" experience. This is really very easy and no one should have any doubts about doing this. You have a personalize and individualized private touring experience, that St Petersburg deserves. The trip becomes so much more memorable, and KURS really made this the hightlight of our Baltic Cruise. We left the tour groups behind and saw so much more. I really want to thank Katya, Nadia and Alexie for their help, thoughtfullness,, consideration and insight into their wonderful and impressive city.

3  Thank waywardpalm