“Good place to stay”

Ranked #29 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Moscow
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Really quite good quality for the money you pay. The hotel has been redone recently, which is obvious the moment you walk into the corridors.
Positives: adequate continental breakfast, low (ish) price, availability of rooms able to accommodate 3 people, mazing bathrooms, location, customer service- a receptionist is available 24/7, remarkable elevator (probably pre WW2).
Negatives: the carpets could do with some serious cleaning, poor air conditioning units, absence of a descent elevator- getting to a 4th floor with your suitcases could be problematic...I would suggest the hotel management to hire a person who would carry the luggage :)
Overall a pleasant experience, I would recommend to hire a bike and cycle around.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kot982
Olga_Siruk, Генеральный директор at Allegro Hotel On Ligovskiy Ave, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review!

We very much appreciate that you taking the time to write your impressions regarding your stay in Allegro hotel Ligovsky prospect. We are happy that you liked our hotel. We will take into consideration all your comments. Our team always strives to improve our service and make away the limitations.

We are very grateful for your feedback and will be glad to welcome you again in our hotel!

Kind regards,
Olga Siruk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Arrived from Moscow at the railway station and only had a short walk to the hotel, which was convenient. It is also very close to 2 metro lines. The hotel itself is a bit of a mixed bag. The bathroom is clean and well designed, and the rooms are spacious, but only superficially clean, I fear. The carpets could do with a good steam clean, as they were quite badly stained, and something in our room smelt quite stale and mouldy. Beds were reasonably comfortable, but not brilliant, and pillows needed a good punch, and even then were shapeless and unsupportive. No blackout lining on the curtains, which I find decidedly odd, given the sunset hour in this city at this time of year. Big water cooler on each floor, which is very convenient, and also an iron and ironing board. Breakfast is standard cold buffet fare, and presented fairly poorly. Expected to tidy your own table afterwards. A wide range of restaurants in the vicinity, also supermarkets and a couple of huge shopping centres with all the Western brands. Great. Desk staff don't have much English but will help if they can. The lift is an experience in itself - only marginally bigger than a dumb waiter. As close to good value as is possible in an overpriced city.

Room Tip: Ask for a change if given a room on the street. They're noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank In60s
Olga_Siruk, General Manager at Allegro Hotel On Ligovskiy Ave, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you so much for your review, it is nice to know that there were a lot of points, that you found convenient for you. If to talk about our rooms, we really appreciate that you found them comfortable, and you are right that we need to renovate some of our rooms. That is what we are exactly doing step by step in our hotel.

Thank you so much, that you mentioned our staff, they are always trying to do their best, even if sometimes there are some misunderstandings. Our lift is a little bit surprising for our guests, but is a part of our 100 year historical old building.

We want to thank you one more time for staying in our hotel, and we will be really glad to see you next time in Saint-Petersburg, and you will have a possibility to see that we developing our hotel and our service system, that we trying to mix traditions and culture of our city with modern attitude to hospitality.

kingston upon Hull
Reviewed February 7, 2013

what can I say bad about this hotel NOTHING situated a short walk from the main railway station and metro this is a hotel that is in a historic building so you may think you are going back in time first reaction what have I done forget it when you reach Reception the greeting of the girls is great and they could speak English which helped and if they were not sure what you ment they would get some one who could and in that department a speial thanks must go to Anna who could not do enough for you brillant rooms the room I had was a suite and I felt lost in it it was that large complete with spa bath breakfast was good and you could have coffe and tea all day with snacks no extra cost I spent 3 nights there and was not disapointed what I paid for the 3 nights would only get me one in London there were bars restraunts all within a 5 minute walk definatly use again on my next trip Thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: o for a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Highlander117
Olga_Siruk, General Manager at Allegro Hotel On Ligovskiy Ave, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mr.Stewart,
Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Allegro hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. Communication with you was a real pleasure for all of us! Thank you for your comments about our rooms. We always try to improve our service and room`s equipment. It is good to know that our guests like atmosphere in our hotel, our breakfast and the rooms.

Thank you for staying with us. We will be happy to welcome you again! Hope you will be our loyalty guest in the future.

Electronic Sales Manager
Anna
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I want to tell you in brief about my trip to Saint-Petersburg. Actually it was some kind of business trip, so I can’t tell you anything particular about this city as a cultural or historic place, but I’ll just mention few points about the hotel, where I stayed. It was Allegro Hotel that is situated just in the center on Ligovsky Avenue, right next to Nevsky. What was important for me – walking distance from Moskovsky railway station, as I arrived from Moscow be Sapsan (some kind of high-speed train between Moscow and Petersburg) and a possibility to stay away from the public transport when I need to get to my office which was not so far away. About the hotel – really nice place, new rooms, wonderful view, good service at the front desk. Continental breakfast is held in the café of the hotel, actually nothing special, but for me it was more than enough. Want to mention, that receptionists were really helpful, even let me stay in the room longer without any extra charge. So in general – good choice for travelers of all kinds, good value for the money I paid. If I need to come back to Saint-Petersburg, this hotel will be in the top-list.
P.S. Elevator. So cool, you need to see it, some kind of memorable thing from historic city)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Olga_Siruk, General Manager at Allegro Hotel On Ligovskiy Ave, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Anni,
Thank you very much for choosing Allegro hotel and for your good review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your kind words about our rooms. Our hotel is rather new. It was opened in 2011 year. So we are trying to be active, modern, developing and take care of all our guests. Thank you for nice comments about our front desk team. They are very pleased.
We will be glad to welcome you again in our hotel!

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed there in May with my husband for a night. The location is safe, it is on a crowded main street which is close to the center and the metro. The hotel is very small, newly renovated, so the rooms are very very clean and decent compared to any Russian hotel if you don't want to pay lots of money. The breakfast was nice, too. The staff was very friendly. You can find more than you should expect in a mid-level Russian hotel.

Room Tip: I booked very last minute so the price was very cheap.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Olga_Siruk, General Manager at Allegro Hotel On Ligovskiy Ave, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We were pleased to know your opinion about our hotel. Thank you for finding our staff friendly. We are always trying to improve our service, so thank you for giving us this opportunity with your comments. We appreciate it.
We will be glad to see you again in our hotel during your next visit Saint-Petersburg.