Ways to Experience Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg
from $236.87
from $54.99
from $198.52
More Info
All reviews private tour two days day tour catherine's palace via email responded quickly beautiful city cruise ship city tour extensive knowledge highly recommend this company summer palace personal tour wonderful guide guide elena credit card faberge museum
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 days ago

We used Best Guides to design a custom 1 1/2 day itinerary for our family of four, including me, my husband and two kids, ages 13 and 10. We packed a TON into the time we spent, and everything was super smooth and easy. Our tour guide, Fatima, was energetic and patient, with a vast knowledge of the sites we visited. If I had one piece of advice for future travelers, it would be to ensure that your itinerary includes lunch. It wasn't built into our schedule and our guide had to improvise a bit, because you know I had to feed the hungry kids. She made it work and it all turned out great.

1  Thank 939abbyl
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Abby!

Thank you so much for taking time to leave this review. I’m very glad to hear good words about our guide Fatima. She is young and it’s her second season in our team. I’m always particularly pleased to know guests like our young generation. Thank you for the advice for future travelers . I’m absolutely agree with you lunches are very important and not only for kids
All the best, Masha Vankova & Best Guides Team

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a private tour after having taken the ferry from Helsinki. Elena did an excellent job. Our weekend in St Petersburg began with a very slow (3 hour) line going through passport control, which made us more than an hour late meeting her. She adapted very well, coming to meet us at the port and using her car to take us touring for the rest of the day. Thanks!

Our stay was great, primarily because of her. We would definitely work with Elena and Best Guides again.

1  Thank ConstantTravelerNC
MashaV_BestGuides, Director at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you so much for giving us a five star review. We all were nerves a bit when Elena couldn’t meet you in a hotel lobby and were really happy when she found you in the port Lines through passport control could be long but on your particular day it was really something unbelievable. Any way we are all happy you enjoyed your time in St. Petersburg. Thank you for recommendations!
All the best, Masha Vankova & Best Guides Group

Reviewed 1 week ago

We were fortunate enough to be part of a 10-person, 3-day tour of St Petersburg (SPB). Irene (Americanized spelling of her name) was fantastic. While others stood in extremely long lines to see The Hermitage or Catherin's Palace, Irene got us in the back doors and avoided the lines. For instance, when we left Catherin's Palace, it was raining; and the line was easily over 3-hours long! Her knowledge of SPB and its history were amazing. She was extremely flexible and easily adapted as authorities at the venues often made her change her planned route at the site. Didn't phase her one bit.She arranged private special activities like a canal ride in SPB and a hydrofoil ride to Peterhof. I can't say enough about her. She made our 3-day stay in SPB very special. I highly recommend Best Guides.

1  Thank Bill T
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We all are very glad you like the tour and our guide Irene. She is really an excellent guide, I know it but each time I hear good words about her I feel happy. I will let her know about this review.
Thank you for recommendations.
Masha Vankova & Best Guides Team

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a private tour for three adults to go to Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo). The Best Guides were recommended to us by Alla Tours - the tour guide we used couple years ago: I started looking into tours too late this year I guess, so Alla Tours were all booked for private tours. We trusted their recommendation, and we were so glad we did.

Best Guides were very responsive; all the info was getting discussed and agreed on in a very timely manner.

Our tour guide Irina was great! She was so knowledgeable and easy-going, just the pleasure to communicate with. Her English was very good too. Thank you, Irina!!

I wish I would pay for the tour in advance though, as we had to go to the downtown office to make the payment by credit card, which was kind of waste of our time. Thanks to the driver and his great driving skills we made to the ship on time, as the traffic downtown St Petersburg was crazy!

I did tell the company in advance that for the tour itself we would need to pay by a credit card, as I don't carry the big cash amounts with me. And they never mentioned we would need to get back to downtown for that. I wish they would. As I think the issue was that our guide Irina was not permanently employed with Best Tours but was hired by them for us - which we greatly appreciate. So she could not have a portable machine with her to take our payment right in the car - like we did with Alla Tours before.

As I mentioned - I should have booked everything earlier in advance, that's a lesson for me. And I appreciate Best Guides found such a great guide and organized this great tour for us.

Date of experience: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank ItsmeJoie

Dear Itsme Joie,
Thank you for the detailed review. Thank you for giving our tour 5 stars. I really appreciate it and I’m glad you liked our guide Irina. She actually works for us quite a lot in this season but at the same time she is a free lancer and could work for other companies as well.
I apologies for the problem with payment. Actually all our guests have chance to pay for the itinerary in advance and some really do it. But at the same time as a rule we don’t ask for prepayment and majority of our guests prefer to pay upon arrival. Yes, that’s truthy our guides don’t have portable machines to withdraw the money… We will think about it and probably in next season we will do it. Thank you for the idea! Usually we send a manager to meet our groups next to one or another museum for payment and as a rule it doesn’t take more than 5 min. Any way thank you for letting me know about this problem and once again sorry for it. I will do my best to solve the problem.
All the best! Hope you will return back to our city and stay with us and I will do my best to provide you the same guide Irina.
Masha Vankova, Best Guides

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went on a lot of tours. A lot. I didn't want to miss anything. Unfortunately, my boys were not of the same mindset. Yet, when we started with Maria, she immediately turned her entire focus on capturing them and their interest. She was the only guide to address them directly and ask them questions and created a super fun itinerary especially tailored to them. She created magic. She helped them see how wonderful the history of St. Petersburg was through their eyes and how terrible it was at times. There were activities and riddles and discoveries. Through it all, we adults learned a ton too. And our interest never wavered as well! We went through the city and stopped at the canaI and launched paper ships like Alexander the Great and walked through the bastion walls and found treasure. I couldn't recommend this tour highly enough!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank rinaa833
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear rinaa833!

Thank you so much for your review! It makes me feel happy! I know Maria is a fantastic guide. She is unique. She really can create magic :) But at the same time all our team was working during several years to develop these tours. We all were engaged in this exited work. And now we all are so glad you like the result! These tours is our no how and we are so proud of them!
Thank you so much for this review!
All the best! Masha Vankova & Best Guides Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our guide, Olga, was very knowledgeable and experienced. She whizzed us through crowded areas and always managed to time our visits with quiet times.
Definitely would use the service again

1  Thank ZiadR
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear ZiadR

Thank you for posting this review! Thank you for the good words about our guide Olga and for recommendations!

All the best,