Ways to Experience Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg
from $188.40
from $54.67
from $152.51
More Info
All reviews private tour two days day tour catherine's palace via email responded quickly beautiful city highly recommend this company cruise ship extensive knowledge city tour summer palace credit card personal tour guide elena wonderful guide faberge museum
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2015

Sergei with Esperance was a walking encyclopedia on not only the Art of St.Petersburg but on the entire history of Russia over the past 300 years. I would love to go back and have him tour us through the Russian Museum of ARt where he works. Be sure to plan 4 days is at all possible to see it all. We had three and one more day would have been perfect!

2  Thank Northknife
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Eight friends booked the two day tour from our cruise ship. We all agreed it was the highlight of the cruise and could not have been better. Kristina our guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and her English excellent. It was real value for money.

1  Thank keepwalkingStaffs
Masha V, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2015

Hi KeepwalkingStaffs
Thank you so much for the review. I'm very glad you liked our service.
We are looking forward to see you in St. Petersburg again :)

Reviewed September 27, 2015

We visited the city for 2 days as part of a cruise and hired a driver with a car. The driver, Vladimir, was excellent and very professional. Both days he showed up right on time. He does not speak English which worked for us since we speak Russian. He seems to know the city well and took us wherever we wanted to go and waited for us as long as needed.

However, I was disappointed with the payment and confirmation process. Before booking we discussed with Kira all the details about the charges, any possible extra costs and fees. We asked, for instance, whether we get any discount since we booked the car for almost 2 full days. Her English was not perfect but we thought we were on the same page. Some wording in the confirmation was ambiguous but I attributed it to her less than perfect English and let it go as I thought we had thrashed out all the details.

When the payment time came I was in for a big surprise. Not only we did not get a free hour I thought we agreed upon but I had to pay for an extra hour each day for car travel to pick us up.

My advice is to insist on all details clearly spelt out in writing in correct English, not to rely on a verbal agreement, and have a copy of the confirmation when paying.

1  Thank Samuel M

Dear Samuel
thank you for taking your time to write the review. I'm very glad that you like your driver Vladimir. We all like him and appreciate a lot.
I'm very much sorry about problems with the confirmation. I know that "not perfect" English couldn't be an excuse but at least it could explain the situation. Your confirmation said : "The cost of this program is : 19 US $ per hour + one extra hour" instead of "..... + one additional hour for a car delivery".
I also have to say that Kira gave you a discount you asked about. The cost of transportation without a discount should be 22-23 US $ per hour (with one extra hour for a car delivery) and your cost was much lower -only 19 US $ per hour.
Any way I'm very much sorry about this situation. We will be more careful with our confirmations. Hope this misunderstanding didn't spoil your impression of St Petersburg.

Reviewed September 24, 2015

Irina was our tour guide for two days. Her extensive knowledge of the art and architecture of St Petersburg is simply astonishing. She kept us on schedule while also allowing for spontaneous detours. So knowledgeable, she speaks better English than most Americans, and is a charming and caring person. Not only would I use Best Guides again, I'd specifically ask for Irina.

1  Thank Alyssaspicks

Dear Alyssaspicks
Thank you for taking time to share the experience. I'm so glad you like Irina. She is one of our very best guides. I'm very proud of her.
Thank you once again. You are always very welcome to St. Petersburg!

Reviewed September 20, 2015

On recommendation of friends we booked Best Guides for two very full days in St Petersburg. Irena our guide was superb. Tweaking our schedule to overcome unforeseen traffic and custom delays and accommodating our preferences, including a visit to a magnificent Russian Orthodox church not on any tour plan we had seen. By far and away the most informative and educational tours we have ever been on including two nice lunches at interesting restaurants.Too many highlights to mention, but the river cruise and Summer Palace stick in the mind . All for half the price our cruise line was charging. Cannot recommend Best Guides and Irena enough

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Carol M
Masha V, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

Dear Carol M

Thank you for the five-star review! I'm very pleased you followed recommendations of friends and booked with us and I'm really happy you enjoyed the tours and the guide. Irena is my very favorite guide.
All the best,