“Best part of our week in St. Petersburg”

Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg
$94.62*
Best of the Best 2-Day St Petersburg Shore Excursion
Ranked #7 of 386 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of professional licensed tour guides of St. Petersburg. We all graduated from St. Petersburg State University. We all have been working as guides and interpreters for the best tour companies and providing private tours in St. Petersburg for none less than 10 years, and we all love our city and enjoy our work a lot. At the same time we are very good friends, so we joined together in order to provide you with the best possible guided tours of St. Petersburg and its fabulous sights and museums.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I (mid 70s)recently spent a week in St Petersburg on our own, wanting more time to see everything we could than allowed by cruise ship schedules and crowds. Guided tours seemed expensive but the one we took with Best Guides to Catherine's palace and Pushkin was more than worth it. As prearranged by email, our guide Inna and driver showed at our hotel at exactly 10a.m. and for the next 8 hours met our every need. Inna teaches English (and French) at the university and speaks it fluently and shared her own life's experiences. On the way out a lot of things were pointed out and she even stopped at a pharmacy to help me buy cough drops. We skipped lunch to see the palace (admission included) free of mobs (including the Amber room-only place where photos were not allowed) and all of the park. We stopped at the massive memorial to the defenders of Leningrad but even more impressive we got to the Piskaryovskoye
Cemetery which was very moving. We later combined a different tour offered thru our hotel of the Peter and Paul Fortress and cathedral with drop off at airport but this guide was not as good as Inna, and we could have done that on our own. Perhaps other than having two days by ourselves in the Hermitage this trip to Catherine's Palace was the best part of our week. Inna even made some good restaurant recommendations and did not include the annoying mandatory trip to a souvenir shop that our hotel tour included.

2  Thank NovtomCalifornia

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had Olga as our guide.
She is just the type of tour guide that we like. Friendly but not overly friendly. Share information readily but not excessively talkative. Speaks softly but clearly. Paid our meal for us in rubles as the store didn't accept credit card and we didn't have rubles (we paid her back in usd). Let us spent more time in certain places as we wanted to take the 'perfect' photos (and hence we were just in time for the ballet which was also arranged by Best Guide).
The two-day intensive tour by Best Guides really covered many things. There are so much to see and do in St. Petersburg. Wish we had more time there so that we can see and do everything more leisurely (not that we were hurried or anything but we were really tired after the first day).

2  Thank Simply1005
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had taken a Russian river cruise and decided that I wanted to spend a couple of days on my own. After reading many reviews, I am very pleased with my decision! I had received many confirmations concerning my schedule of what was included with the cruise. Dariya, who is wonderful, quickly replied with itineraries and pricing working with the provided information. While on the cruise, they totally changed the sightseeing schedule and plans. I immediately e-mailed Dariya, she made excellent suggestions and changed my itinerary.
After touring with over 30 people per bus/guide during the cruise, these 2 days were wonderful. Getting picked up and dropped off close to entrances. Getting in and being able to hear was just so enjoyable. The drivers were hilarious. They didn't speak much English, but you knew what they were feeling. I had the same guide both days and just loved her. I wish I had asked her how to spell her name. She was always on time and very knowledgable. The office is located near The Church of the Spilled Blood, which was easy and convenient for making the payment. Just a note...there is a 5% fee for using a credit card. I was by myself, so it was very expensive, but not as much as going back...so I feel it was worth it. They did suggest to have people join me to cut the per person cost, but I didn't know anyone on the cruise. I am very glad I chose this company...I would highly recommend them to anyone traveling to St. Petersburg.

2  Thank Rita H H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently spent 4 days, 5 nights in St. Petersburg and were lucky enough to get Olga Melnik as our guide. She was very professional, funny and thorough. She always turned up on time and was able to get us everywhere we had booked.
Her general knowledge as well as interesting "background" stories kept us all interested, all day.
We had a very early 5:30 flight out of Russia and she went out of her way to make sure we had bagged breakfasts and took us as far as she could within the airport to ensure us a safe departure.
Olga would be a great choice if you want to arrange your own tour of St. Petersburg.

1  Thank Sally G
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We contacted Best Guides for our visit to St. Petersburg and were delighted with their service. Dariya worked with us to build a tour that met our needs and time line. Olga was a wonderful guide. She was knowledgeable, professional, and flexible. Her English was great and she gladly answered all of our many questions. Our driver was always on time and together they made our visit the best experience of the whole trip. We would definitely recommend them and will use them again on future visits.

1  Thank Barb23844