Ways to Experience SPB Tours
from $214.38
from $161.35
from $129.75
5,195 results
All reviews deluxe tour baltic cruise day tour two days deluxe st russian treasures small group cruise line excellent tour catherine's palace cruise critic subway ride guide maria celebrity eclipse baltic sea highly recommend this company tour group
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a most wonderful two days in St. Petersburg with our guide Tatiana (we were in the same group as fellow reviewer archangel9953 - I recognize them from mention of their adorable daughter, Vanessa!). As a Boomer, growing up in the 60's and the Evil Empire and all that, Tatiana totally dispelled all that and made Russia and Russians so "human" (although, at the same time there was that passenger jet being shot down over Ukraine...). I wish we'd booked more tours with SPb on our Baltic cruise.

2  Thank nancykinz55113
SPB-Tours, Inhaber at SPB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear nancykinz5513,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It's very nice to hear that your time in St. Petersburg was able to provide a different perspective on Russia.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently visited St. Petersburg as part of my Scandinavian Cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. I did not want to pay Norwegian $449 per person for the two-day excursion, but was a little hesitant to use any of the Russian companies offering private tours in the city. Then I learned about SPB Tours and read the reviews they had received on Trip Advisor. I must say this is one of the best excursions I've taken in my life. Our guide, Tatiana, was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and professional, while being personal at the same time, and so were Andrei, our Driver and Victoria, the owner who was there to meet us both days. They are extremely well organized and allow you to see most of the cities' highlights in just two days. The fact they don't ask you to pay in advance helped to put me at ease.

I strongly recommend using SPB Tours when visiting any of the Scandinavian countries. Cruise Lines' shore excursions are overcrowded and grossly overpriced. We paid $300/person and there were only 12 of us in a nice Mercedes van as opposed to 50 in a big bus. Oh, and by the way, St. Petersburg is amazing!!!

2  Thank Rolando_and_Esther
SPB-Tours, Owner at SPB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi Rolando and Esther,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm so glad we were able to have you join us this summer and that you were left feeling good about the experience and St. Petersburg :-)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Wonderful tours in each city, I can't say much more than that. Well-organized, guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. Viktoria, from the booking to the execution of the tours, everything went so smooth! Also want to thank Tatiana T. in St. Petersburg for taking our 6 year-old daughter under her wing and making her the official "guide's apprentice". Vanessa was over the moon for Tatiana. :) Madli, Irina, and our (I'm ashamed to admit I never saw his name) guide in Stockholm, they were ALL amazing!! Loved our drivers in Helsinki and St. Petersburg (Otto (?) and Andrey).

2  Thank Chaney B
SPB-Tours, Owner at SPB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi archangel,
Thank you for your overall lovely review, but I am especially happy to hear that your daughter and Tatiana had such a nice time together. That always makes the experience more special when the kids feel involved!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just recently finished a cruise in the Baltic. Joined both SPB tours in St Petersburg and Berlin. Both of our guides, Anastasia in St Peterberg and James in Berlin, were superb! In St Petersburg, apart from Ana's professionalism, we also enjoyed her humour very much. Her presence has added a lot more colour to our trip. In Berlin, I must say I did not expect such a good trip however with James' help and great story telling skills, all of us were amazed by the history we learn and said what a great place to visit. Thank you once again !

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Sera T
SPB-Tours, Owner at SPB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hey Sera T,
Thanks so much for your review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your guides and your experiences in both Berlin and St. Petersburg. You are very welcome, and we'll be happy to have you back any time!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

On our recent cruise, we took a private 2 Day Deluxe tour with SPB in St. Petersberg for our group of 10 and had a fantastic 2 days! From the moment I first contacted Viktoria about setting up this tour, she or one of her staff quickly responded to me with answers and assistance. Viktoria personally met and welcomed us upon arrival in St. Pete and introduced us to our Guide, Elena and our Driver, Constantine, who were everything you could ask for. The van seemed brand new, very clean and was very comfortable. Elena was very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating and went out of her way to make sure we saw what we wanted and really took care of our group and made us feel comfortable and safe at all times. She even took us to a neighborhood grocery store on the 2nd day to purchase Russian Vodka and other local items we wanted and that was quite an experience! The included lunch of "chicken" on the 1st day left room for improvement but the 2nd day's lunch at a traditional Pie Shop, Stolle, was great! 8 of our group also did the optional Folklore Show, arranged by SPB, on the 1st evening at Nikolaevsky Palace that was a highlight of the trip (we watched a recording of the ship's on board Folklore Show from that same night and it didn't come close to compare to what we saw). Elena is a fantastic Guide and good person and SPB Tours and Viktoria are a class act. SPB is the way to go in St. Petersberg!!

SPB-Tours, Owner at SPB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hi Seabreezer,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It sounds like you were satisfied from start to finish, and that's exactly what I am hoping to hear! Thanks again for choosing SPB-Tours and have a lovely rest of your summer!