“Insider Tour company - fabulous!”

Liverpool
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Insider Tour company - fabulous!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have recently returned from my first cruise with the Freestyle NCL which was great!
The cruise ship- Norwegian Star toured The Baltic, visiting amongst other cities - St Petersburg.
This is a destination that I have always wanted to visit and as the cruise ship was docked there for 2 days , I and my 3 fellow travellers opted to take the Grand Slalom Tour with private car, driver and guide.
We booked via e mail and did not have to pay a penny up front.
The immigration delay causing us to be a bit late, was not a problem to our amazing guide - Marina.
She was fantastic! We visited all the major sites in St Petersburg , did not require a visa as all paperwork had been completed prior to our visit, by Insider Tours.
Marina arranged ticket entry to all venues and as we were a small group, she whisked us through everywhere and so we did not have to queue anywhere. Her knowledge was overwhelming and although the two days were " full on" she was appropriately selective in the sights that we saw.
The driver was very attentive and courteous and it was a fabulous and informative two days.
We paid in unmarked US Dollars (200 dollars each per day)
This price was much reduced from the cruise ship tour and excellent value for money.
We were made to feel special and every question was answered by our wonderful Marina!
She is very passionate about her role as tour guide and also about her country.
She took us to local places for lunch at our request and whilst adhering to the pre agreed places of interest, she was attentive and accommodating when one of our party wanted to make a purchase for a small gift for a relative.
Yes it was tiring by the end of each day, but we had a very memorable tour and I would thoroughly recommend Insider Tours to anyone visiting St Petersburg.
Thank you Marina.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ninian60

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't tour alone. Get a professional guide”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My friends and I just got back from St. Petersburg last week. We spent a glorious 5 days there. Actually, it's not enough time. There are so many sights to see, so many wonderful people to meet and GREAT restaurants. I had been told by many friends that having a professional tour guide makes all the difference in the world. How right they were. We hired Olga Miheyeva, a guide I found on line who was so great I had to write and let the world know what a difference being with her was rather than wondering the streets by ourselves. Her command of the English language, her knowledge, and her love for her city and country was amazing. Anyone going to St. Petersburg, do yourselves a favor and hire Olga. I promise you won't be disappointed. Allan Armour, New York City

Visited September 2011