“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
Andrei and Sasha Homestay
Ranked #280 of 861 St. Petersburg B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a very warm and comfortable place, but it is not a hotel with a hotel service, if you expect that better go elsewhere.Andrej and Sasha gave us good advice on what to do and to see. The location is great, we could walk to most of the places.The view on th canal-really wonderful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Treasure20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a beautiful place to stay in St Petersburg, We were there in february with our 8 month old daughter and we just felt at home, Andrei and Sacha gave us a place with a lift and that was really nice because of all the baby stuff we were carrying. We had good advices on restaurants and visit. The appartment was amazing, really clean, warm and we shall recommend the place to our friends

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alice106
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Andrei and Sasha homestay is one of best accomodation of my traveller's life.
I rented a bedroom with my two friends in this beautiful apartment, warm and strenght of character. The room was really nice and spacious with two windows overlooking the Griboedova canal.
We paid for that,for three persons, 570 euro per week: it's a cheap price in a very expensive city like St. Petersburg.
The fantastic owners, Andrei and Sasha are are very kind and helpful.
Andrei provided us very important and useful information about visa and we realized that the rules of registration had changed and anyone had told us (you have to register the the visa within 7 working days of your arrival in Russia and not 3 days!!!)
Andrei and Sasha homestay is a wonderful apartment where you can relax listening music, drinking vodka as much as you can and meet people from all over the world.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angela M
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have been traveling to St Petersburg on a yearly basis for 5 years now and I cannot imagine staying any other place than Andrei and Sasha´s - whether in Gohovaya or in Griboedova both apartments are terribly cool. Interieurs are stylish with a Venetian / Parisian touch. For those who have tried Russian hotels, you will understand that good taste and hotels rarely go together in that country.
Atmosphere is cosy, Jazz music in the back, discussions open, and it´s not rare that a local celebrity from the Philharmonic or the Marinsky pops by for dinner. Whether you want to share their table, Andrei and Sasha alway make you feel welcome - and expect the drinks flowing.

Apartments have different sized rooms. some with their own bathrooms, some with views on the Canal or on the church of St Isaac. When it comes to location, It´s hard to be more central since they both places are within 7-10min walking to Nevsky, the Hermitage, the Church of the Savior of the spilled blood etc.

I stayed there alone, and with my partner. Other guests are usually couples or single tourist. Wi-fi available in both apartments. Andrei and Sasha can recommend all the landmarks to go to, which places to grab a bite, or just what´s the latest concert in town. Arrangement for pick up at the airport or a the train station is also possible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Nicolas L
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The apartment in which we stayed, had 4 rooms - one ensuite, 2 huge rooms with king size beds and one where the bed filled the whole room. The 3 non ensuite rooms share one bathroom. Our bedroom was one of the huge ones, overlooked the canal and was a delightful cross between versailles and bohemian boudior.
The living room/dining room/kitchen is the heart of the place - everyone congregates around it for breakfast (make your own), vodka drinking or just to chat. One of the evenings, we had a large communual dinner around the table, cooked by one of the guests. We also enjoyed blinis, caviar and an endless supply of vodka.
The location is excellent - it is 5 - 10 mins walk to most of the sites or the metro station. As mentioned below, there are 24 supermarkets, ATMs and restaurants in the same block. Andrei was very informative about where to go and what to do, marking everything on a map for us.
If you wanted to catch the bus to / from the airport, it is an easy 5 mins walk to the bus stop outside Sennaya Ploschad.
There is not a guest house or B&B - it is a homestay, so if mingling with the other guests is not your bag, then don't stay here. If you are wanting a warm, colourful, interactive experience, then go for it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeeBZA
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I'm not sure where to start... I'd like to think that if I knew I'd have to climb over 95-stairs with a 50-pound suitcase, that I would have packed lighter, but, in reality, probably not :). I have to admit, Sasha's and Andrei's reputation preceeded them, and, I (as well as others staying there during my mid-November stay) were looking forward to meeting them, but did not. I can say, parents tell a lot about children, so, indeed, as I look back it was sad not to meet them, but, meeting/spending time with Andrei's mother (on the first night), and Sasha's parents (many times throughout my two week stay) I wouldn't trade for anything in the the World! Andrei's mother greeted us on the first night, and made lovely homemade Blini (I will say, the salmon cavier, did, cause some personal distress for me at a later time, but, it was no fault of Galena's ;)) - her smile and attempt to converse with us (the girlfriend traveling with me does speak Serbian, so, this helped immensely, though, not the same as Russian) was priceless after 27-hours of travel (oh, and the Vodka too :)). We had several occasions to interact with Sasha's parents... in St. Petersburg (unfortunately, Svetlana had to rescue us because a fellow traveler locked the door inproperly from the inside - at last we knew why Galena spent so much time "schooling" us) and in the "Village." The accompanying trip to the "Village" where Sasha's parents have a home and a private "Russian Banya," is something I wouldn't trade, literally, for almost anything in the World (except maybe "World Peace" (seriously)... and the way she fed us, I'll never, in all of my life, forget (I can't wait to try out my Pelmeni lessons). My traveling partner friend and I also met great travelers from Canada and California (right next door to our Arizona) - we'll never forget them! Go to St. Petersburg, for sure (of course, see the Hermitage (but don't miss the Russian Museum), the Meriinsky Theater, and literally every building you see - also recommend Novgorod, our traveling companions from California did a much better job of seeing all there is to see), stay at Andre and Sasha Homestay, go to the "Village" to experience Sasha's parents' home and real Russian Banya... if you are looking for a real experience (i.e. not a stay at the Four Season's - which could be special in its own different way). I regret having NO photos of Vitaly, Sasha's father, he is yet another amazing Russian and he shared probably some of the most interesting photos I've ever seen (he was a helicopter engineer). I, seriously, plan on returning (especially since I dreamed of snow for my trip to Russia, and, all I got was rain)! I also have to give "kudos" to Andrei's and Sasha's friend Serge, one of the most erudite people I've ever met (that's a huge compliment)... and he was willing to share Borscht made by his mother (and share his adapted recipe with us - which I have on Video and look forward to making, SOON)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Buddles1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

cannot recommend highly enough, the room was huge, opulent and gorgeous. Andrei and Sasha are amazing hosts, lots of recommendations and advise, salmon on the fire with other guests and friends one night, and another morning home made blinis, caviar and frozen vodka for breakfast! Money machine handy and supermarket close enough to pop out for more beer :). On same canal as Church of the Spilt Blood (2 blocks away) and close to metro, would recommend to all

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo