“Mix is Magic”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Admiralteisky
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The travelogue we read stated it's the only Michelin starred restaurant in St. Petersburg. We ate lunch here and adored it. Everything was perfect and the food was divine. Well worth spending more money than we usually would, for a treat. Not just the ordered food came but gorgeous breads (basket came twice but couldn't manage a 2nd piece), yummy goats cheese dip...gorgeous cubes of croque monsieur...

My tomato entree (3 different dishes, textures, flavours) was so delicious I was moaning. Just go there and pay the money. The man's a genius (i.e. Alain Ducasse, but I think the head chef there is from New Zealand, so well done).

1  Thank Lynn T

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in W and did try the Alain Ducasse restaurant. The service is impeccible (of course). I only had 2 courses with foie gras as a starter and duck for main course. The foie gras was accompanied by oranges and other citrus fruits. The acidity of the fruits just killed the taste of foie gras. The foie gras itself was very good. The duck was perfectly roasted but it didn't taste much. So it was the service and the wine that saved the evening

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was looking forward to the experience of eating at a restaurant which uses Ducasse's name. Unfortunately, overall not as impressive as I had imagined it could be. It started out well, staff is very efficient and service was good. We decided on the 'Menu Experience', it started out very positively but we were disappointed by the time we got to the 4th course as the consistency and presentation was not on par with what I imagined the potential of the dishes could've had. Most annoyingly, we were the only ones left at this stage at the restaurant (11 in the evening on a Thursday night, very telling) they started cleaning around us and setting down the breakfast items which I felt definitely felt took away from the whole experience of dining at a fine establishment and something I would expect at a diner not an Alain Ducasse restaurant. We love W St. Petersburg and will stay at the hotel again but I doubt that we will come back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Ozzard
W_St_Petersburg, Manager at W St. Petersburg restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Ozzard,

Accept our sincerest apologies for demolishing your dining experience by operational moments. Thank you for complementing our service team despite on troubles shown. We would like to welcoming you back, and delight with an à la carte option instead to better meet your individual preferences.

Warm regards,

Lyubov Bogdanova
Assistant Manager, miX in St. Petersburg

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent a long weekend in St Petersburg and stayed at the W. I heard of this Ducasse restaurant inside the hotel and, after reading some reviews, I gave it a try. Did not bother with reading the menu online, as I was quite confident it was going to be good...

We had the tasting menu and, to be honest, it was quite underwhelming. What's missing here is a common theme that cuts across the dishes that are presented in the menu. Conversely, each dish - despite being excellently presented and well executed - is a bit of a stand-alone piece. I also struggle to understand some taste combinations and how some of the dishes fit in: why a toast as amuse-bouche?

All in all, I was expecting much more. In the end, Ducasse is not the chef here. He just lends his name to boost the reputation, and tasting the menu that other surely talented, yet less famous, chefs put together.

2  Thank LondonNM

Dear LondonNM,

First let us thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to met your expectations. The amuse-bouche is locally influenced with a Russian twist, and is handpicked by our Chef Gortina from Alain Ducasse Enterprise who has been creating delicious French food here, at the miX St. Petersburg.

We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the city.

Best regards,

Lyubov Bogdanova
Assistant Manager, miX in St. Petersburg

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice spot on the rooftop for view and decor. You can see beautiful landmarks right from your table and all seats are window seats.

Drink menu is extensive and the service was great, very attentive, however we were 2 of 4 guests on a snowy night. I will say the service, even though there were so few guests, is reminiscent of amazing service in the US. The staff was all smiles, fast with the drinks, and popped out of nowhere when we were finished offering refills.

Price was moderate but you are at the W Hotel. I would go back