“Proffesional and service minded in all aspects”

Tour-in-StPetersburg. com - Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 389 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Free itinerary design! Private guided tours to St. Petersburg and its attractions: Catherine Palace, Peterhof, Hermitage, St. Isaac's Cathedral, Saviour-on-the-Blood, Peter-and-Paul's Fortress and many more! Tour in your language, transport and tickets to avoid queueing!Gratis Programmerstellung! Individuelle Führungen durch St. Petersburg und seinen Attraktionen: Bernsteinzimmer, Eremitage, Blutskirche, Isaakskathedrale, Peter-Pauls-Festung und viele mehr! Reiseleitung in Deustch, Transporte und Eintritte ohne Schlangen!
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Looked for a private guide in S:t Petersburg and saw that Tour-In-Stpetersburg had a five day arrangement. Contacted Ekaterina at Tour-in-stpetersburg for a suggestion. Ekatrina came back witha a suggestion the following day wich I accepted. A question came back with the prices in EUR and USD as she thought that it was a bit costly for one person and wanted me to confirm that I fully understood the cost. Thank you for that.
An arrangement was set up and the final details came to me a week before departure.
GENERAL: All guides on time, high degree of knowledge, service minded with open attitude, clean confortable cars and careful driving. Pick up and leave at hotel all days. Highly recomended.
Day one, a trip to Novgorod where I was met by Alexandra who took me around both by car and foot. Alexandra is an exelant guide and made the presentation in a personal way that opend for questions and conversation. Novgorod has a faschinating history with lots of Connections to Scandinavia and the Baltic states, It was a long day, Alexandra made it interseting and Worth while.
The following four days I visited all sights presented in tour-in-stpetersburg except for the vodka museum.
Day two, Three and five, Dina was my guide. Lots of people in line waiting to get in on most all places, but Dina made us come in within a few minutes leaving the long line behind us. As a teacher Dina is very good at Communication and full of information about all sights we visited. In the middle of the high season it was crowded in most sights, we had to follow the flow of people wich did not encoutage conversation. Dina is an open and positive person, eager to please and give you all the information she can.
Pauline was my guide for day four, a day of walk and public transportation We covered Alexander-Nevski-Monastery, Yussupov Palace and Russian Museum, not so crowded wich gave time to discuss what was seen. The discusions with Pauline made me look at, mainly the art, things from different perspectives. A memorable day.
All in all: Ekaterina at tour-in-stpetersburg delivered more than expected, her services are highly recomended.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The first person we met in St Petersburg was our driver, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover the car was well maintained. We were very comfortable with his driving and expert navigation, he set high standards for the tour and we were not disappointed. For three days, we appreciated our guides informed knowledge, but were very thankful for her ability to work with all ages in our family, her flexibility, enthusiasm, patience and determination to communicate with everyone, added to our overall experience. The memory of her is as beautiful as the sights she showed us. We are more than happy to recommend this company.

1  Thank willowMelbourne
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited St Petersburg on a cruise ship, and discovered, with 2 weeks to go, that the museums would be closed on the Monday we were to be in St Petersburg. I wrote to a couple of tour companies, in the hope that they would find a way around the predicament and still organize a memorable day for us. Ekaterina of Tours-in-StPetersburg was the first to respond, and her correspondence was very clear , direct and effective; she understood our expectations and limitations and put together a responsive program for us, with a fair amount of back-and-forth, IN ONE DAY!

She had contracted with Dina to be our tour guide, who took excellent care of us from the time she met us at the dock till she dropped us back. Dina, an English teacher working as a tour guide for the summer, was very good in communication and interaction. We hit all the tourist spots (Catherine's Palace, Amber Room, Peterhof gardens, etc etc) and the only limitation was our getting tired and need to rest! The vehicle was comfortable, the driver an excellent complement to Dina, although it was not a luxury vehicle that other tourists from the ship enjoyed.

Our only regret was that Ekaterina was not able to arrange a visit to the Hermitage Museum, although other shipmates could. Hermitage allows private tour companies to reserve admission tickets on the "closed" Mondays; perhaps our request was received after the quota ran out!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent 5 days in St. Petersburg, with all of them being organized by Ekaterina from Tour-in-St. Petersburg. The city itself was the star of the trip, with amazing cathedrals, palaces, parks, restaurants, museums and people. But the sheer amount of options and the size of the city seemed intimidating, so we decided to work with Ekaterina's company to help us make the trip easy and relaxing.

The 5 day itinerary that Ekaterina put together was excellent. We were able to see so much of what St. Petersburg had to offer, without the stress of language and logistics gone bad. I estimate that we would have been able to experience only half of what we did without our private guides.

We spent the first 3 days with Katya, who was very knowledgeable, kept us on schedule, and is a very pleasant person to spend time with. We took a trip to Novgorad on the 4th day. The history of Novgorad significantly predates the founding of St. Petersburg, which gave us a better understanding of the events that led up to the times of Peter the Great. It was an interesting experience, and Alexandra was a great resource and good company. Our last day was with Natalia, who took us Catherine's Palace and Pavlovsk Palace.

Lastly, Ekaterina set up a pre-planned lunch for us our first three days which was very key. The days were so full, and it was fantastic to walk into a restaurant to a table that had our salads waiting for us before we ever sat down! On one of our days in Moscow, the restaurants around Red Square were so crowded that we walked around aimlessly (tired and hungry!) just looking for somewhere to eat. We were glad that we were able to avoid the same experience while in St. Petersburg.

5 days were not nearly long enough, but Tour-in-St. Petersburg made us feel like we got the most of the short time that we had.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I found out about the necessity of booking a tour just before leaving to St. Petersburg. I contacted the office of this company to see if they could assist. While the lady was nice on the phone, she said she just couldn't be bothered to help us as it was the weekend and she wanted to just relax. If she is ranked number 2, I would hate to see what the lower ranked companies are like.

7  Thank Mike E
Tour-in-StPetersburg, Owner at Tour-in-StPetersburg. com - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Mike,

I am very sorry that I was not clear enough on the phone when I meant that I am not able to take on your extremely short-term order (we are about to leave Singapore to St. Petersburg now and just found out that we should arrange a tour) as in high season like now guides are booked out months beforehand (an it is impossible to find anyone overnight), museum tickets need to be pre-booked much earlier that 1 day before the tour (eg. Catherine Palace needs to be pre-booked on the 20th day of the month preceding your planned tour) and that I am a one-person-company that simply cannot promise more than can be done in reality to avoid poorly organised tours. And if I said that I want to relax during the weekend, the only thing I ment is that I do not want to take on stress of oranising something that is literally impossible to organise on such a short notice instead of working on arranging already finalised bookings of other customers and entiteling myself to 5h a week away from my laptop to spend them with my partner whose baby I am currently expecting - not sure if 5h a week if private life while working 16h each day otherwise would be something that can be charachterised as lazy. I am sorry if I upset you, but I am not sorry that I was honest with you when telling you straight away that I am not able to organise your tour instead of giving you false hopes or sending you some last minute inexperienced guide (while all good ones are long booked out) as this is what I consider proffessionalism: only promising when a promise can be kept and a quality tour can be delivered.

I hope you enjoy your trip to St. Petersburg anyway and wish you a very good night from St. Petersburg as it is 2am here which unfortunatelly does not mean I can go to sleep as there are still emails to reply to.

Regards,