“St Petersburg”

and up
Faberge Museum Private Tour from Saint Petersburg
Ranked #17 of 340 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Visa-free St. Petersburg! No ordinary trips but tailor-made tours! You decide what your itinerary will look like and how much you want to do. Our personal approach and over 20 years of experience: we know how to look at St. Petersburg from your point of view. Individual visa-free travel, away from the crowds. Easy to book online with safe, secure payment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Miyazaki, Japan
“St Petersburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thank you, Alex, for showing us the wonderful sights and sounds of your city. Thanks to you we were able to gain real insights into what makes St Petersburg tick, and you turned the trip into a real adventure. It's hard to decide which sight seeing spot I enjoyed most, but I think it would have to be St Isaac's cathedral, complete with a wonderful guided tour by yourself. I also enjoyed the Summer gardens, and of course, Petergoff. Last but not least, you recommended an excellent selection of bars and restaurants making it a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Can't wait to be back!

Visited August 2013
MBTSt_Petersburg, Owner at MaxiBaltTours, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you Mair for your kind words. It was a true pleasure for us to host your group here. And the most enjoyable was to see and realize that you do appreciate everything that we shared with you. We felt we had a special bond with your group when we all were enjoying St Petersburg beauty during the day and its' charming nights. You are always welcome back!

• Hungarian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“St. Petersburg to the Max”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was the second time in two years that I visited St. Petersburg with all arrangements made by Alex. Again he showed himself to be completely professional and delightfully personable.

I was especially happy that, on this visit, Alex engaged the services of an outstanding guide for our tours of the Russia Museum of Art and the Hermitage Museum of Art. I love visual art - especially painting - and had toured both these museums before, but never enjoyed them nearly as much as this time.

Also, on this visit I made my first tour of Church of the Spilled Blood. That was like a revelation to me

Our accommodations were very nice and comfortable and ground transportation was efficient. My only regret is that I could not stay longer. Anyone who arranges their visit to St. Petersburg though anyone else besides Alex and MaxiBaltTours does not know what they are missing.

Thanks, Alex! I hope to see again next year!

Plano, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MaxiBalt Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I visited St. Petersburg in September of this year. Cannot say enough great things about MaxiBalt Tours. Alexei helped us get our visas to visit Russia, which was a huge help! All throughout the planning process, he remained available to answer questions. He was waiting for us at the train station when we arrived from Moscow, and took us to our hotel, which was wonderful, and a recommendation from him. Maria, our tour guide for 2 days, had an expansive knowledge of the city and the sites we visited. I feel I learned so much and had a great time doing it! We were able to bypass lines and spend time in the places we wanted to visit, not standing in lines. We were also interested in some things that were a bit unique. We have a daughter who is a dancer and seeing the Vaganova Ballet Academy was a must for us. Not a problem! Maria made sure we got by to see it! Alexei and Maria both spoke English perfectly, so communication was not a problem at all for us. Highly suggest you get with Maxibalt Tours to make your visit to St. Petersburg memorable!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Carole B
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“St. Petersburg YOUR WAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Alex turned out to be a total joy and always pleased us with his knowledge of both our language (English) and the two sites we chose to concentrate on. He always arrived on time with his charming smile. Whenever we asked for some special favors, he managed to supply them; when we realized that we would have to leave the hotel before they served breakfast to catch our return flight, Alex managed to have rather large sack breakfasts ready for us. He also set us up with a very well informed museum guide to point out our special interests. Alex was very flexible and concerned that we have a good experience. When some of our group wanted to go their own way after the second museum, Alex volunteered to stay with the rest of us as long as we wanted, and when we were ready to leave, he also helped us to make one more shopping stop at the open air market and still got us to the Metro (Underground) before the doors closed. He reserved restaurant tables for us, and was always helpful, in spite of his third daughter who was born just before our arrival!

Visited November 2013
MBTSt_Petersburg, Owner at MaxiBaltTours, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your candid review. It was a true pleasure for us to serve you here, You definitely need to come back to experience the true charm of St Petersburg during white nights which is June-July. You are always welcome back!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“MaxiBaltTours was great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I greatly enjoyed the tour and accommodations and all arrangements provided by Alex at MaxiBaltTours. Would definitely use them again. The tour guide he provided (Irina) for the Hermitage and Cathedral on Spilled Blood was very knowledgeable-- a wonderful guide!