“France in Russia”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Witney, United Kingdom
“France in Russia”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The restaurant was near S. Nicholas Church, by the canal.
Not sure if there was outdoor seating, as we arrived quite late in the evening. The staff, and food etc were excellent. The only negative was that it allowed smoking, despite the fact we were sat in a non-smoking area, the smell drifted through.

Visited October 2013

St. Petersburg, Russia
“Excellent place to dine and wine”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

An excellent place for pre-theater dinner, late dinner or just cup of coffee/tea with a trifle or cookies. The food is delicious, the service is very friendly and the atmosphere is absolutely fabulous. It doesn't matter if you go the whole hog and wash away the dishes with a one too many glass of wine or just let the world go by lingering over a cup of coffee, you are sure to get this joie de verve feeling. I can highly recommend this nice restaurant, once it serves great food and has this genuine feel of warm welcome. Wonderful for all sorts of people.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anastasia V
“Antree”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been here once in the morning!And i'd like to say,that it's a perfect place in this not lovely city,near Mariinskiy theatre!

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Classy Place”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've been there four times, and not once I was dissapointed. Decent wine, French dishes are on the level (and I eat frequently in France), the deserts are superb. One really gets the feeling that the restaurant knows what it is doing. And it has a loyal following -- in fact, they opened the second restaurant off Old Nevsky. I can't imagine a better place to eat either before attending Mariinsky, or having some nice desert after the theater.

• Visited July 2012
Barcelona
“Service to match the best in Europe, with great food, tea and coffee”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We found this restaurant on our last day in St. Petersburg, and enjoyed the best meal of our 8 night stay in this beautifully decorated restaurant. I would recommend it to foreign visitors for the following reasons:

1. For our table of 6, all starters arrived together, all main course dishes arrived togehter and finally all deserts arrived together. You might find it strange that I say this, but it was the only time this happend during our trip to St. Petersburg.
2. All the waiters and staff understood English, and the menu was well translated with correct descriptions in English.
3. The food was great (we had duck, beef and the salmon carpaccio), the bread was out of this world, and after the meal we enjoyed the best espresso and teas of our whole trip.

Entree has a separate café / patisserie area with a Visacrem Nera espresso machine where you can have coffee, teas and pastries. I recommend you try the eclairs - the best I have tasted outside of France!

The restuarant is close to the Mariinsky theatre, and there is easy parking in the street outside. As a business traveller myself, I would recommend this place should you ever need to entertain guests in St. Petersburg.

1 Thank BCN1992