“What a sweet little place!”
Review of Cat Restaurant

Cat Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 10,785 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nevskiy
Description: In the very heart of St Petersburg, on the Karavannaya Street - two minutes walk from the Gostiniy Dvor metro station - you find CAT, the well-known restaurant of Georgian cuisine. It is the beloved place of the connoisseurs of the real home-made Georgian food. The moment you walk in the CAT at Karavannaya 24, you see the main design detail of the restaurant - a lot of pictures of the famous guests with their autographs and words of gratitude for the delicious food and excellent service. What makes the atmosphere absolutely mesmerizing is the live music every evening. The most striking thing about the CAT is that you always get this warm feeling as if you are home, due to the unique Georgian hospitality.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food (shashlik and khachapuri in particular), nice Georgian wine, mesmerizing music and extremely friendly staff. Will absolutely come back when we're in town again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cat/кэт. Address: Karavannaya St., 24
Located 1 block north of Newsky St. and 1 block west of Anichkov Bridge. This restaurant is small and elegant. It offers a reprieve from the busy hustle & bustle of the mobs of tourists on Newsky. Sit down, enjoy great food in an air conditioned, quiet setting. The food is delicious and the prices reasonable.
www.cat-restorable.ru

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very nice interior, excellent service (including English spoken) and a quality, varied menu. I recommend the sashliks. They even had a live music thing going on. Prices are relatively expensive but still OK, and you get what you pay for.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a late lunch at Cat with friends from Finland recently and the three of us were truly impressed by the flavors of the food as well as the attentive service. As a starter we ordered the stuffed bread- one with cheese and one with meat. They were both delicious, pizza sized and perfect for sharing. The meat was nicely seasoned and delicious and the cheese was very good, too. Although these are offered as an appetizer they can easily make a meal. I ordered a second appetizer as my main dish, grilled eggplant rolled around walnut paste and garnished with pomegranate and dill. It sounds odd, but it is honestly the most delicious item I have ever eaten in a restaurant. I am a big fan of eggplant and this was hands down the most interesting preparation of it. I cannot remember what my friends ordered, but they really enjoyed their dishes. (There are many types of grilled meats and kebabs available.) What really made Cat stand out for us was the attentive service. Our waiter was both friendly and helpful- not something we found in other St. Petersburg restaurants. If you are in St. Petersburg, you must try Cat.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

In my five person group, we had a private side-room, as the main dining room was reserved. I'm a rather difficult person to please when it comes to eating as I´m a gourmet and a gourmand. You can be assured that the food is excellent and in good portion sizes. The wine is excellent. Service is excellent. There was absolutely no problem in communicating our requirements. We left well fed and well pleased. Prices were very reasonable.