“Great”

and up
Saint Petersburg 2-Day Visa-Free Group Shore Tour
Ranked #23 of 405 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Customised land packages of Saint Petersburg & Moscow, Russia for families, groups and solo travellers. Tailor-made itineraries to match all budgets. Visa-free shore tours of Saint Petersburg and other Baltic ports.Personalized service and attention to details.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had a private tour arranged with guide Irina, for four hours on a dreary December 23rd.
It was an absolutely great experience, tailored to my personal requests and accompanied by Irina's interesting comments on the sights of the city.

2  Thank Benjamin1959
in 4 reviews
"spoke perfect english"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We visited St Petersburg in June 2013 and made arrangements with Marina for 2.5 days of customized tours. I can not say enough positive things regarding her professionalism, her organization, willingness to adapt the tours on-the-go (as well as before we left the US), communication skills, the knowledge of her guides.

We were met at the train station (train from Helsinki) and taken to our hotel (Angleterre). Marina picked us up at the hotel and drove around the city in her car to see the sights we wanted to see, and a canal tour.

She recommended a small local restaurant for supper, which we ended up frequenting for all our lunches and suppers. We wanted a place that was frequented by the locals with local cuisine.

The second day we spent at Peterhof, travelling to by private car and returning by hydrofoil.

The third day we spent exploring the Siege of Leningrad "sights", including the Museum of the Seige and Piscarevsky Cemetry. Our guide that day was insistent on personally accompanying us into the train station to make sure we knew what we were doing (not just dropping us off at the door to the station)!

I can not recommend her highly enough. All 3 guides (including Marina) spoke excellent English and were very knowledgeable about the areas we visited. When we return to St Petersburg, we will be contacting her again.

We have travelled fairly extensively and Marina rates as one of the top guides/agencies we have used.

Ann

1  Thank AnnS51
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was a last minute idea for me to use a tour guide in St. Petersburg. I used Marina Wilson tours for days 2, 3, and 4 of my stay in the city. She was very prompt and professional in her e-mail correspondence, even writing to me in a timely fashion while situated abroad. =) I appreciated her adept skill at the English language, and her timeliness. She offered a sample tour, but when I told her I had more interest in the Siege of Leningrad and some literary sites.. she was quite accommodating with my special requests. My Russian is only at a low intermediate level, so I desired a fluent English tour guide to show me some of my particular sites of interest, and Marina definitely delivered. The tour guide Marina chose for me -- Alexander -- was very knowledgeable, interesting, and flexible. We saw some of the usual highlights -- Catherine Palace, Alexander Palace, Church on the Spilled Blood, etc. -- but also had a very nice tour of the Rumyantsev Museum, the Russian Museum, and the Anna Akhmatova Museum at Fountain House. I liked that he would add in little stops if I mentioned I was interested in seeing something... I mentioned in passing practically that I wanted to see Mikhailovsky Castle and he made sure to fit in a brief stop into the itinerary. The same can be said of a few Siege of Leningrad monuments. I found him quite attentive in this manner. I would recommend this tour company if you are looking to fully understand some historical sites within the city -- but here is my recommendation: Ensure that you are choosing a tour guide for sites where a tour guide will best add to the experience. I would recommend someone like Alexander for sites of historical and political interest because he is able to add to the experience with his immense knowledge and photos. If you are going to a garden or a palace, or a contemporary art museum... arguably, I wouldn't choose a tour guide for those sites which can be enjoyed in terms of aesthetics alone. I would highly recommend this company and guide, overall! It was a pleasant, engaging experience.

1  Thank Manchee M
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Two days in St Petersburg with Marina Tours was an outstanding experience. Marina's organisation, her choice of guides, and the excellent transport were much appreciated.

Our guide Elenna cheerfully and expertly showed us the magic of St Petersburg. Her informative commentary was outstanding and we could not have asked for more. Thank you Elenna!

Our second day with Marina herself covered the 'Unknown Peterhof'. For anyone looking for a more personal understanding of how the royals lived in days gone past, this is truly a must.

We highly recommend Marina Wilson Tours to anyone who wishes a more intimate experience of St Petersburg. Thanks again Marina!

1  Thank agarabi