Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Marina Wilson Private Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Marina Wilson Private Tours
from $300.00
from $60.00
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews catherine palace private tour two days day tour delicious lunches group tour spilled blood baltic cruise knowledgeable guides excellent tour historical sites small group russian history main sites via email isaac's cathedral spoke perfect english
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My son and I left our cruise ship experience to a private tour with Marina Wilson and we could not have been better served with Marina, her awesome guides and drivers. Marina was so helpful from the beginning email and Visa process right through delivery to our ship at the end. I was very impressed at how easy everything was for us, especially when we compared notes with other tourists. We had no lines, we were taken off the normal path when I wanted to see a monument from the Siege of Leningrad. We especially loved Maryann, she was so bright, funny, and knowledgeable. It was one of the most memorable trips ever thanks to the great attention we received. Marina even choose a wonderful hotel for us, right in the center of everything. We trusted her and it was well deserved. You will be impressed with her service.

1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We owe a great big thank-you to Marina. When we messed up the timing of our tour of the Hermitage, Marina managed to salvage the situation and made sure that we got our tour after all. It was so great to go through this gorgeous, overwhelming museum with someone so knowledgeable. Plus, as we watched the big groups go by, it was great knowing that we got to see what we were most interested in, not what the tour guide wanted to show us. We also loved that we could take a little rest when we needed to -- again, not possible with a big group.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My daughter and I did a land package with Marina's company and it could not have been a more perfect experience. We toured St. Petersburg and Moscow with wonderful, knowledgeable and charming guides.
From beginning to end Marina tailored the trip to our desires with a special Jewish heritage tour added. The trip went seamlessly, and I was especially grateful as the guides understood a health problem that I have and catered to my needs in that way. It made the trip more difficult for them, but they were kind and professional the entire time.
I cannot imagine a more detail oriented company. I thank Marina and her wonderful guides for all the knowledge that we gained and the planning leading up to our Russian adventure.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family (four people) visited St. Petersburg and Moscow in early August 2013. At first we were hesitant to go since it seems that Russia is so foreign to us and we always go by ourselves (not with a big tour). We are from Indonesia. But we came across consistent excellent ratings for Marina Wilson Private Tours. We never had a pre-arranged private tours before.

I started asking questions thru e-mails. And as the reviews said, Marina Wilson made the efforts to answer all my questions despite that she seems busy given the peak season.

On the first day in the St Petersburg, the pick up at the airport went smooth. Normally we did not need a private pick up but in Russia a private pick up is close to a necessity (if the trip is the first time in Russia). Oleg, the driver even went extra miles in telling us not to exchange in the airport. He instead made a short stop at a bank. What a wonderful service.

On the first picked up day, Marina met with us to say hello. Our guide for the next 3 days was Sergei. He is a resourceful guide and it seems that he has network with the staffs in the places that we visit. We had a wonderful City Tour. Given it is on Sunday, Sergei brought us into a beautiful church to see the Christian Orthodox's service. We really enjoy it as we had to see how the service is done in an Orthodox setting. The a cappela singing was heavenly sound.

In Moscow, our guide, Rita, was very knowledgable. At first, I was little worried that the kids will be bored since I lumped 3 tours together so our tour last from 9:30 to 17:00!! But Rita was so entertaining, my kids really enjoy the tour. Even Rita went extra mile in explaining how we can do a tour by ourselves in the absolutely stunning Metro stations.

There was a little bit of hiccup for the timing of our pick up to the Moscow airport. How Marina solved it made Marina Wilson to be a truly professional company servicing tourist to have good time. Rather than contradicting our wish, she simply made the necessary change with the transport company and she may just take the US$50 penalty. Now, this what I call a true professional in the tourism industry.

On the day when we were about to leave, my kids (11 and 18) said that they were surprised that they actually enjoy Russia and this became one of their memorable vacations. Obviously, this is because St. Petersburg and Moscow are truly unique and magnificent cities. But we are thankful to Marina Wilson, Sergei, Rita and the drivers for ensuring that we had a wonderful experience and almost no hiccup for our entire stay (around 8 days).

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I booked two small group tours with Marina for July 23 and 24, 2013. The first day Irena was our guide to Peterhof palace and gardens. There were just two other ladies with us, but we had a small van and driver. Irena was an excellent guide and pickup at our hotel was smooth. On the second day, Marina, herself, took us to Catherine and Pavlovsk palaces. We had paid for a group tour, but because entry tickets for that day were limited Marina could not accommodate any other requests and we had a private tour. Her policy is to not cancel so she gave us a private tour at group price, rather than cancel. That kind of professionalism is very much appreciated when you have a limited amount of time in a city with palace closings and limited entrances. We also got the opportunity to know her personally. She is a charming, well educated woman. I would highly recommend her and her staff to anyone traveling to St Petersburg where there is so much to see and so little time. Having private tours by such a great company can greatly enhance your experience there.

1  Thank Tricia S