“Dedicated and honest professional tour company. Urban adventures thinks so too!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Wilson Tours

Marina Wilson Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$60.00*
and up
Small-Group St Petersburg Hermitage Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry and...
Ranked #22 of 333 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Customised land packages of ST-Petersburg & Moscow, Russia for families, groups and solo travellers. Tailor-made itineraries to match all budgets.Daily walking tours of ST-Petersburg & Moscow.Non-visa shore tours of ST-Petersburg and the other Baltic ports.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

arina and I started working together via email during the busy holiday month of December before we actuaLly met in St. Petersburg in January. Because it was the low cold season, it appeared that I would need private tours both in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Due to my hotel location even a private tour was too cumbersome and expensive for my liking in Moscow; so, we concentrated on the second city of my travels.

St. Petersburg is smaller and colder than Moscow and the number of tourists extremely few during the winter. I was surprised when Marina, with whom I had contracted a private tour, informed me that there was another person wanting the same tour the same day: thus reducing the price and increasing the appeal of my selection.

The private, turned group, tour was of the Hermitage. Marina's knowledge of the museum and European art was grand. My second event which she arranged was a folk show at the Nikolayevsky Palace entitled 'Feel yourself Russian'...Excellent. My driver was excellent as well taking the scenic route to but the well beaten path from the event.

Lastly, Marina went out of her way to come to me to process my credit card before the second event which took place 3 days after the first because I had failed to bring cash for the Hertimage tour. There were two other alternatives, not give the tour or give it and have me bring the funds to her office. She choose the option reflectng trust and professionalism.

I am going to miss our email chatter in which I learned so much more about Russia than tour planning.

1 Thank Phyllis G

Mildura, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“The only tour company to use!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Marina's tour company was recommended by a friend who has previously visited St Petersburg. I made contact and found Marina to be exceptionally helpful, even when my Visa card pre-payment failed! My sister-in-law and I booked a half-day tour of St Petersburg on 1st December and when reaching our hotel reception there was the lovely Irina waiting for us.

We headed out into the cold and snow to her vehicle and proceeded to be drive around St Petersburg taking in the many beautiful cathedral's such as the Cathedral of St Nicholas, Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood, the Peter & Paul Fortress & its cathedra. Everywhere she drove us, Irina was telling us of the history, the architecture and significant events.

They also found a folklore show for us with vehicle and driver to the show and pick up after for return to our hotel.

I highly recommend Marina S Wilson Tours if you are visiting St Petersburg. We found our guide Irina to be highly professional while also friendly, very knowledgable and with delightful English!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank LiniDee
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“St. Petersburg palace tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were referred to Marina Wilson Tours by a friend who had recently used her services. My husband and I were interested in a one-day tour of St. Catherine's Palace and Pavlovsk Palace and contacted Marina a few days before our trip. We were not disappointed---Marina responded very quickly to our questions and we booked a one-day, 6-hour tour. Our guide, Irina, was excellent and her knowledge of the buildings, European history, and Russian culture was extensive. It was a worthwhile day at two unique and beautiful buildings.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Leslie S
Lansing, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A few days in St. Petersburg...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My sister and I had a quick 3 days to explore and see the sights of St. Petersburg. We decided to make the most of it with by getting a tour guide and we were not disappointed. Alex was a wonderful, extremely knowledgable and savvy guide (getting us into places with the daily challenges of last minute changes at the venue). He also elaborated on the sights with the use of historical pictures on his IPAD. It was a great way to add to the experience. Another bonus-his english is flawless! Had a great time and would go again in a heartbeat!

Visited September 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked a two-day tour of St Petersburg with Marina Wilson based on a recommendation from a friend. We were on a Baltic cruise and needed to have a tour that would meet the needs of our elderly companions. Marina came through for us with flying colors. We saw what we wanted to see. Marina made sure that we moved to the front of all lines and moved easily through museums and palaces. She was very knowlegeable about all sites, spoke perfect English and was delightful. She was flexible and was able to meet the needs of people in our party with mobility issues. We had a great time and all remember Marina fondly.

Visited August 2012