“Relax for a minute”

Ranked #21 of 10,800 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Admiralteisky
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found this cafe by chance when we get tired of walking in Nevskiy prospect looking for a place to sit, relax and get energy for the next target. There are lots of cakes, cookies, pies each looking nice. We had tried a pie with almond and black cafe. It is a nice place and good food for take a breath if you are hanging around Nevskiy prospect.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is Austrian chain that serves excellent baked items, coffee, sandwiches and salads. You can eat inside or take away. We enjoyed everything ordered by us.

1  Thank Antipich
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The breakfast served in our hotel was really bland and boring, so we tried this bakery-cafe. The food was so good we went back again and again. The bread on the sandwiches was outstanding, especially the smoked salmon-cream cheese one. The pastries were all very good, as were the coffees and chocolates. Salads are also sold, and it would be a great place to pick up food for a picnic in the Admiralty Park nearby.
The staff was very nice and we never had a problem with pickpockets at all in St. P, ANYWHERE! We were on guard at all times, as we are in every big city.

1  Thank Carolee L
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My spouse and I needed a little break to warm up and take a rest after strolling the city all day and this was the perfect choice. The pastry selection was broad and we enjoyed everything we got as well as the hot chocolate. I was sad to read the previous review about theft. We had no such experience and enjoyed our time at Bushe.

1  Thank RPH80
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Don't get me wrong the pastries were lovely, but the pickpockets not so much. I know pickpockets are rampant in St. P. but my guard was down as this was a very nice cafe. I was there with a friend. We sat at a small table in the middle - no room to put my bag on the table or a chair so I put it below my chair between my legs. While my friend was in the bathroom someone bumped the back of my chair twice, when I turned to look, the thief slid my back out, grabbed the belt and took off leaving my bag. After we discovered the theft about 45 minutes later, we returned to the cafe. (I was able to determine it happened at the cafe b/c I used my belt to pay for my purchase and my credit card company confirmed that the first fraudulent charges happened within a few minutes of us leaving the cafe). The cafe's managment were completely defensive and denied any responsbility. The manager would not speak to us but the woman at the register acknowledged that this was a huge problem and told me that once a day a tourist complains about getting ripped off. Despite this, the cafe has posted no signs alerting even subtlely to watch belongings. Plus the cafe is set up such that it is difficult to guard belongings. Small tables close together with little room to place belongings. After assessing the place and getting managment's response, it was also difficult not to believe that the staff and/or mgmt knows this is going on and who is doing it.- but do nothing to prevent or at the very least warn follks. So if you go, keep all your stuff on you and don't relax your guard. Too bad - as this experience definitely left a negative impression about a beautiful and interesting city.

9  Thank EGfromLA