1,434 results
All reviews rooftop bar bliss spa cool hotel top floor isaac cathedral st pete palace square location is excellent concierge service mini bar nevsky prospekt petersburg city gm spg museum sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the SO St Petersburg back in January and I can say (having been to the city multiple times) that this is one of the nicer, if not the nicest, hotels to stay at.
The first thing to recommend the hotel is the location - probably only 100-150 meters away from Isaakievskiy Sobor and all that entails. Staying near Nevsky is great and gives you good access to shopping - but staying near St Isaac's is even better, both in terms of accessing sites but also because it's a bit more quiet.
The rooms were... really nice! The decor was fresh and interesting, and I liked that the hotel made an effort to provide plenty of complimentary water. The bed was amazing. We had a room with a view onto St Isaac's - not the most amazing view, there is a hotel between you and the room - but the terrace was amazing and had it been summer we would have spent more time on it. I would say that not all of the rooms have such a view... and my impression is that the room price plays a major factor in what you will see.
I loved the hotel bar - both its decor, as well as the friendliness and service of the bar staff. Along with the Ink in Amsterdam, I'd argue that Accor hotels have some of the most consistently nice bars going in Europe. Given it was winter we did not get to experience the top floor bar which has amazing views of the cathedral and the city... but from what I saw looking back at the bar from the top of St Isaac's, it will be lovely during summer.
The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful - they definitely made us feel welcomed, expected, and appreciated.
I think the only downside for staying at this hotel could possibly be price - there is a premium for such a nice property in such a nice hotel. Similarly with breakfast - it was great, but it definitely didn't come cheap.
I'd fully recommend this hotel to anyone visiting St Petersburg.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SO Sofitel S, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pantherg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such heart-warming feedback based on your stay at SO/ St. Petersburg this winter. I am thrilled that you chose our hotel and that you recognised its prime location in the centre of Saint Petersburg - with the cities major sights right on its doorstep. I too am happy that you appreciated the work of famed Italian designer, Antonio Citterio, who is the creative genius behind the interior decor of the hotel. His style, paired with all we provide in the rooms makes for a night of ultimate comfort and pleasure. And in relation to your comments regarding the breakfast, I regret to hear that the breakfast in our partner restaurant ‘CoCoCo’ that features complimentary Louis Roederer champagne, a choice of a hot dish or even a dessert from a great selection of locally sourced produce was not up to your standard. I hope that you will return to us again sometime soon, to take the opportunity to experience breakfast accompanied by champagne with breathtaking panoramic views of the city on our legendary HI-SO terrace at its prime this summer.

I look forward to welcoming you at SO/ St. Petersburg again!

Ada Egorova,

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Food is great and service too.
The only thing :
Never took away the plate or glass without asking and never when we still have food in the month.
That is the only negativ feedback i could give. Apart from that , design is nice, foid creative and looks fresh.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear cathamsterdam,

Thank you so much for taking time to provide such a heart-warming feedback based on SO/ St. Petersburg. I am pleased to read that you have generally enjoyed the cuisine and service in one of three restaurants and bars we have in our hotel, and I would kindly ask you to provide more details in a private message, since your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to improve our service. I will make sure to run an additional training for our staff to avoid any potential future disappointment. I do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon! Take the chance if you haven’t yet experienced our panoramic HI-SO terrace - indulge in the incredible views it offers over a mouthwatering breakfast accompanied by champagne. I look forward to your return!

Kind reagrds,

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Visited with my family which was our first time to both St Petersburg and also Russia. We had no idea what to expect when we chose to book at the SO Sofitel. What transpired was one of the most enjoyable experiences of any hotel we’ve ever stayed at. The staff were incredibly warm and genuine. In particular, our experience at the Cococo restaurant was superb. So much so we ended up eating breakfast and dinner for all but one of our five morning and nights in the city. The food was delicious, but what really set apart was the friendliness of the staff. We were with our 88-year old grandmother, and as a family with all different types of questions and requests they were more than willing to answer and accommodate with a genuine smile. As a result, we wanted to specifically thank Pavel for his consistent friendliness at breakfast. He patiently stood and talked with us as our grandmother regaled tales of her childhood in the city. Also, Adele who was fabulous with her service with a smile at dinner. Igor, the extremely competent and engaging barman. And Angelina, who looked after us as we camped out at the bar most nights making nuisance of ourselves. In fact, all the staff were fantastic. Could not recommend this restaurant and hotel enough. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank grreggles
SO Sofitel S, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear grreggles,
Thank you so much for the detailed and heart-warming feedback from your time at SO/ St. Petersburg. I am absolutely thrilled that you had chosen our hotel for your family holiday and that we could be a part of your first experience of Russia! I am pleased that our professional talents, loyal to our Just Say SO standard of service, only added to making your stay all the more memorable. We as a team strive to deliver the best for our guests and overall it is our greatest priority in doing so. I would like to thank you for the kind words on our partner restaurant ‘CoCoCo’ - who use all locally sourced produce and masterfully capture our culture in each of their dishes. I will make sure to specially credit those you have mentioned for their hard work! I am so glad that you and your family could have a great time at SO/ St. Petersburg and I do hope that you will return to us soon and give us another opportunity to go beyond your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Our family of 6 spent 4 nights at the So. We are about to leave with the loveliest of memories. The hotel is right in the heart of St Petersburg, easy walking distance to the river, the hermitage, and the Nevsky Prospekt. The rooms are modest but luxurious, and the hotel amenities are first class - with three nice bars (one rooftop), an amazing restaurant (Cococo), and gym / spa / pool facilities. What sets this hotel apart is the atmosphere created by the friendly and attentive staff. Victoria, the guest relations manager, couldn’t have been more helpful, from helping sort out visas, airport transfers, to tickets for the opera, she was amazing. Thank you Victoria! If we are ever back in town, there is only one place we’ll be staying.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear FarAway84619,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such heart-warming feedback on your stay at SO/ St. Petersburg. I am pleased that you chose our hotel for your family holiday and could appreciate its esteemed location right in the heart of Saint Petersburg with the cities most spectacular sights right on its doorstep. I am also glad that you enjoyed the rooms, designed by famed Italian architect, Antonio Citterio, which are stylish and yet incredibly comfortable. Thank you also for the words on our partner restaurant ‘CoCoCo’ and Urban Wellness Zone and I do hope that we have been able to excel your expectations in every area of our hotel. Our professional talents are loyal to our Just Say SO service that we have in place and as a team we are striving to deliver our guests an unforgettable stay. I will be sure to specially credit Victoria for her hard work! I am already looking forward to your return, so you once again indulge in the stunning views from our panoramic HI-SO terrace.

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

I have a choice of staying in different hotels, but after the last stay in So Sofitel I made my choice!.. the best location, wonderful service, amazing breakfast, served by one of the most famous restaurants of St.Peter, the best cocktails, food and music on the terrace bar.. The Devil is in details!.. you are surrounded by an amount of details which make your staying amazing: a tiny browny served with your coffee, which is the best I ever had.. a wonderful shower with a high quality shampoo and conditioner, a selecting of free snacks in your room, which makes you happy if you are a bit hungry late in the night..and so on and so on...I am the person to share my happiness with others in case I like something very much. So I do!:-).
I have a management position in my job and I know what is behind the stage.. so, bravo to the General Manager of the hotel and the team!.. looking forward staying at your place again!.. oh, yes, (I can‘t stop:-)))- thanks for wonderful water bottles which I can easily take with me in the bag.. and for many more nice well-thought small details. I feel a „touch“ in everything and it makes your hotel special. Well done!

Trip type: Traveled on business
SO Sofitel S, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Dear LaraKirsch,
Thank you so much for the heart-warming feedback on your stay at SO/ St. Petersburg. I am thrilled that your previous stay at our hotel had influenced your return and you could once more appreciate its esteemed location right in the heart of Saint Petersburg - just a stone’s throw away from some of the cities major sights. I am pleased to hear that our Just Say SO service was up to your standard and our talents added to making your stay all the more pleasurable. Our aim is to provide guests with an unforgettable stay and as a team we work hard to deliver this hence try to be attentive to the needs of each guest, starting with the little details, making sure you can feel comfortable and looked after in every way. Thank you for the kind words on our partner restaurant ‘CoCoCo’ who use all locally sourced produce and masterfully capture our culture in each dish. I am so glad you can appreciate our work and our hotel as a whole. I am already looking forward to welcoming you back again to deliver you an experience beyond your expectations once more! Treat yourself to a breakfast on our HI-SO terrace on your next visit, accompanied by champagne, to sit and indulge in the incredible panoramic views that it offers. A perfect setting for the upcoming summer months.