“Great service!”

Ranked #19 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great service!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excelent location in St. Petersburg, the hotel is modern with good restaurants and great service. Valentina Baytina from the staff is a great asset of the hotel, she was very helpful giving great tips and insights from a local

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
W_St_Petersburg, Public Relations Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear B M,
Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg. I am glad you have enjoyed our prefect location in the heart of the city and custom tips from our W Insider.
We hope to host you again at W St. Petersburg.

Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the W St. Petersburg and I was very pleased with everything there. Marina and her W Welcome staff treated me exceptionally well. The rooms were great and all the staff were friendly and very helpful the whole time I was there. Things are expensive but what isn't in St Petersburg?? Marina and her staff went out of their way to get me a SKA hockey ticket when they found out I was a hockey fan... what a tremendous surprise and treat. This is one of the best hotels for location to see the key sites in St Petersburg. I walked to all of them and lots of good restaurants near by. High quality in this hotel with high quality staff with a personal caring attitude.....great package overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Erniebam,
Thank you for your positive review on W St. Petersburg. I am very glad to hear that you value not only our perfect location, but the service from our staff as well. Moreover, I am happy to hear our Welcome Office Team has managed to create a customized surprise for you, since you are a hockey fan.
We hope to host you again at W St. Petersburg.

Hong Kong
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the spectacular room for 4 nights. The room is of decent size (have stayed at better W hotel eg W Taipei) but not spacious, but the location is a huge advantage with many tourist attractions (the Hermitage, St. Issac's Cathedral and Nevsky Prospect) and good restaurants (Tandoor, Teplo, Krokodil etc) nearby. The hotel put balloons outside our room on my birthday (a nice touch indeed!) and made wifi complimentary for me (since a staff wrongly told me wifi is free when it's RUB750 per day). However, when I asked the hotel to book a restaurant with me, no one let me know that the restaurant is successfully booked even though I asked twice! Overall, would stay again for the location alone.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Rex_in_france,
Thank you for your constructive comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg & your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide.
I am sorry to hear that you haven't received a restaurant booking confirmation from our Concierge. On the upside I am glad you have liked your Birthday surprise and enjoyed the perfect location in the city center.
Please let us know in advance about your future stay, so our Concierge team will prepare a special schedule with booking confirmations for the restaurants and Insider tips .

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The W is in a great location for walking to many of the must see sights of St Petersburg.
Although some of the decoration isn't to my personal taste, it is clean and very comfortable. The 'Living Room' is a relaxing place for a drink after a day's sightseeing and there are plenty of decent restaurants just a few doors away. For breakfast try turning left as you leave the hotel and walk down to the corner where you can have breakfast while admiring St Isaac's through the window.
Highly recommend doing a boat tour in one of the smaller boats that stays in the canals rather than going into the Neva River. Also recommend pre-purchasing Hermitage tickets on the internet and printing out the vouchers before arrival - present the vouchers at the small booth in the centre of the first entry gate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joanne S.,
Thank you for your affirmative comment on your recent stay at W St. Petersburg and your Insider tips for the local area! I am very glad you have enjoyed our signature cocktails in our colorful Living Room.
If you decide to come back to St. Petersburg, let us know. Our Concierge will assist you with the Hermitage voucher purchase and printing with no extra charge.
We hope to host you again!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopping in St Petersburg on business and the hotel is very centrally situated close to the Winter Palace and the river Niva. The lobby bar is small but quite pleasant. Prices are high but this is an upscale hotel in a pricy city so not unexpected, a beer is 250 rubels so about £5 or $7.50. The rooms are reasonable though the suites are small, the bed was very comfortable. Meeting rooms in the basement were small but could handle up to about 20 people. The wifi is fast, when it works but as another reviewer has stated you spend most of your day worrying whether you're properly connected as it sort of works but not until you have accepted the terms in your browser. This was a bit frustrating. There is a small gym with a few cardio machines and the spa, though I didn't try it, looked ok.
Other than that the hotel is pleasant enough and the staff helpful, I'd stay again if I need to come back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear HentiCat,
Thank you for your constructive review on your stay at W St. Petersburg. I am sorry to hear you have experienced a patchy WiFi connection. Our IT team is working on making it more user-friendly, but still very secure.
On the upside I am glad you have enjoyed our bright Living Room for drinks and our Studios for business conference.
If you decide to come back to us, do not hesitate and check out FIT, our renewed fitness centre. It is complimentary for every guest and it has the best equipment, including Power Plate.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the W Hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia as part of a romantic vacation for five (5) nights in late June earlier this year (2013). I have stayed at the W Hotels in both Dallas and San Francisco in the past and always enjoyed them. But our stay at the W St. Petersburg was disappointing. The room (at $500 per night) was small and the housekeeping was desultory. We had to repeatedly request that our room be cleaned and bed made up. The wi-fi was poor, requiring you to log-in over and over and over each day with inconsistent connectivity. The closet space was microscopic. The rooftop bar was nice with a great view -- it would be difficult in such an elegant city to find any place that did not have a great view -- but the prices were exorbitant for what you got, very little "bang for the buck". The hotel has an excellent, central location. The front desk staff was friendly and spoke English well overall. The masseuse and masseur at the Bliss Spa were very good. It annoyed me at check-out that our bill did not reflect I had prepaid for all five (5) nights and included charges for candy my g.f. had eaten in the room which we had been told was free at check-in. The manager reversed the charges but . . . review your room charges carefully. I would not stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
W_St_Petersburg, Public Relations Manager at W St. Petersburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mark K,
Thank you for your constructive comment and your loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I am sorry to hear that the bill at check-out took some extra time, but I am glad that our manager was able to correct everything in accordance with your request. In June we had some issues with the wi-fi connection in the building, let me assure you our IT-department is working hard to fix it.
On a positive side I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service at Welcome Desk and Bliss Spa. I also agree that our location in the historic center of the city is very convenient and makes it easy to explore elegant St. Petersburg. If you could kindly share what else can be improved please contact me directly to this email: Gaiane.khachikian@whotels.com

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Definitely a must stay location the look and fill and general ambiance is modern, tasty and yet warm. The interiors' are unique. The insider service and advise was very helpful. Daria the W insider made our stay unforgettable
Very good location just a few blocks aways from the most important historical building and nice bars and restaurants.
The Bliss amenities and Spa are totally addictive.

Room Tip: Book directly.