SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22(St. Petersburg)
$439
$394
$473
$417
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$224
  • Pool
Astoria Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$564
$420
Hotels.com
$177
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$220
$528
$341
$264
1,224 results
All reviewsw hotelrooftop barbliss spatrendy hotelfabulous roomtop floorliving roomnespresso machinerain showerisaac's cathedrallocation is greatfour seasonsroom ratespecial thankspalace squarewinter palacebeautiful city
Reviewed January 6, 2013

What I can say? It's 100% W hotel, with its perfect service and modern designs, with comfortable rooms and stunning view!!! As muscovite i've been to St Pete so many times but my stay in W is the only one that was really great, mainly due to the hotel. Location is just perfect, center of city with my favorites places to walk. Next door is amazing restaurant and you can drink champagne watching one of the most incredible cathedrals in the city. Bar on the roof with nice DJs is created for relaxing day cocktails and crazy night parties.
If i decide to go again to St Pete my choice can be only W.

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Tkimka
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Dreamy_Piglet,
Thank you for you feedback about your recent stay at W St. Petersburg! I’m glad you found the hotel that perfectly matches your personality and style. The miXup bar that we have on the top has a great view indeed, and it is a trendy party place. During the summer time we will open our roof terrace just above the bar – you are invited to visit it as well to enjoy fantastic food, drinks and parties over there. Thank you for your loyalty and I’m looking forward to see you again,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here as I had won this trip with work. Would I choose such a modern hotel myself? Probably not. We had just come from Moscow and the Ritz Carlton and there really is no comparison to the comforts they offered. Too clinical and sterile for me, the breakfasts were poor compared to the ritz Carlton. We had a mega room, upgraded because of a hiccup on the tour, I would not have wanted to stay in a basic room. We arrived, about 80 of us, and the concierge could not cope with getting bags to our room. After 30 minutes waiting we gave up and went back downstairs and collected them ourselves!
Bathroom modern but could not watch the tv from the bath as poorly located.
On the plus side, the roof top bar is stunning and if you get blue sky days spend an hour or two up here, relaxing on the day beds. Also, great to experience the white nights of St Petersburg.
If you like modern, book it. If you prefer something more luxurious look into the 4 seasons which s opening next door. They were working on this whilst we were there and I think it will be stunning!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wanderingstarsx2
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear wanderingstarsx2,
Thank you for your feedback to W St. Petersburg. I apologize with the delay with you luggage – sometimes it takes longer to deliver luggage to the guest room if the guest arrived with the large group. On the positive side thank you for recommending our roof-top terrace: you are absolutely right – it’s a perfect place for white nights!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Brand new hotel, hip, design hotel. Perfect location in old St Petersburg City Center. Walking distance to the main attraction, first of all the Hermitage Museum. It's well known. Sometimes the service is slow, but it' s the local style everywhere. I can also say that generally people are very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stefania G

Dear Stefania G,
Thank you for your positive feedback to W St. Petersburg. You are right that the location is in the very heart of the city and it is just perfect for sightseeing - I hope you managed to see a lot of beautiful places around and really enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Modern new gorgeous hotel, right in the middle of ancient St. Petersburg. Loved the hotel. It is right near the Hermitage. Loved St. Petersburg. The hotel was a great safe haven from the touring all day in these old buildings. Then at night you come back to this beautiful modern hotel with delicious cheesecake in the lobby.

The food at the restaurant was amazing. There are a lot of restaurants in St Petersburg, but you must try the one at the hotel.

I upgraded to a large suite and had several spa treatments. I'm in love! Lol.

Thank you, W and all your staff!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank aabadi

Dear aabadi,
Thank you so much for your feedback! Sounds like you’ve got very busy and interesting time in St. Petersburg. I’m glad you took chance to visit our restaurant miX in St. Petersburg, our W Café in the lobby area and also found time to relax at our signature Bliss spa. We are waiting for you to come back soon to beautiful St. Petersburg. Next time please come up to the 8th floor where we have our terrace and bar with fantastic views to the city – I’m sure you would like it!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I love the W concept and have stayed in a number grouch out the world. So when I saw it was open in St Petersburg it was a no brainier and I booked. Check in was a breeze, the staff always friendly and courteous so top marks for front of house. The rooms are fine. It was almost like hat they had to put in features if w hotels anywhere just to make it trendy. A tv on the mirror above the basins in the bathroom almost works. Except its stuck behind the vanity mirror and it would be more beneficial if it was so you could see it whilst in the bath! The separate shower is also a case of what can we do to have one and yet save space. I really didn't like it next to the bath. I think this may cater more for businessmen who come over for a 1 night stay. There certainly isn't much clipboard space nor draws. A case of "form over function". But it was clean and the rooms done whilst you were out which is great! Concierge very helpful as well. Negatives are that breakfast is horrendously expensive for what you get. The buffet is limited to say the least. 2 choices of fruit juice, 3 cereals, minimal pastries, pears (hard), kiwi fruit (hard) etc etc. we would probably have been better off and cheaper doing room service. After 4 days the breakfast was definitely boring as was the room service menu. The Internet fees at 750 roubles I thought was heavy. Especially seeing as though in this day and ageist built into many hotels as free and not a source of income. The location is fantastic and all in all it was a good experience but I definitely felt that it lacked substance over form.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KarlBahrain
W_St_Petersburg, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear KarlBahrain,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations during your recent stay. For our guests who require a wider storage space in the room, we usually recommend rooms like Mega or our suites as these rooms are more comfortable for a long stay. Regarding your comment about the breakfast – I will share it with our B&F partner Alain Ducasse Enterprise to make some improvements. On a positive side I’m glad you liked our location and service.