All reviews mini bar within walking distance wifi worked well hot water bronze horseman neva river air conditioning hotel is beautiful short walk the hotel staff would highly recommend this hotel front desk staff room service nevsky prospect banks museum plugs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I've never heard about this hotel, until I found it on the internet. I was visiting St. Petersburg for the World Cup and you always expect high prices during a period of this event. To my surprise the price was quite moderate. Location is great, in the centre of the city and on the banks of Neva river, within walking distance to many points of interest. Hotel stuff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Complimentary breakfast was much better than in many expensive hotel chains.My room was pretty big and stylish.I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to spend great time without spending too much money in this wonderful city.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I found one review that mentioned this hotel has rooms in two separate buildings. The reception photo is in the side that faces the river. Other reviews have noted the courtyard (with pampered resident cats) between it and the other part which faces a quiet street. I was looking for a place that had either screens in the windows or air conditioning because of the mosquito problem the city has in Summer. The local remedy is a "foomigaator" (Фумигатор) that plugs into a wall outlet and evaporates a chemical that either kills the mosquitos or simply repels them. I am not sure which but I would prefer not to inhale whatever it is if I can avoid it. I booked two rooms online. They were on the second floor in the part that faces the river. When I walked into the room I had to laugh because it was comically large. You could have a party with a band and a dance floor in there. It faced the river with a very good view. But the two story ceilings, chandelier, ornate furniture (including a massive table that could seat 12) and the vast open space just left me perpetually feeling a little ridiculous. The neigboring room was a similar size and had a little balcony, which was a nice touch. The windows, of course, had no screens, and you need two foomigaators (2 provided by the way) to defend that vast space against the skeeters. The staff were uniformly nice, accommodating as possible, and speak English well. Yan (Ян) was our favorite. The breakfast spread is good with a wide selection. You can easily walk to lots of places from there. I found it charming but my family were less enthusiastic and gave me a bit of a hard time for having booked it. There are air-conditioned rooms in the quiet street side.

Room tip: The giant rooms have great views.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2018

An original and comfortable hotel in the city center on the banks of the Neva River and, therefore, within walking distance to many sights, museums and theaters. Nearby grocery stores and several restaurants. The hotel has two entrances: central with a reception and a restaurant on the side of the Neva (Angliyskaya emb, 52) and the second with the room from the Galernaya Street, 53. All the rooms in the hotel are different. Our comfort was raised for free to the junior suite "Natalie", which was a pleasant surprise. The room had everything you need, cleaning was done every day, there was not enough free water and tea / coffee. The hotel has a very good and comfortable breakfast buffet between 07:30 and 11:00. The staff is polite and quick to sympathize. As a result, taking into account all of the above and the price the hotel was excellent!

Room tip: Photos of the hotel and rooms correspond to those posted on the official website happypushkin.com
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2018

The staff, rooms and overall experience of the hotel was incredible. Unique property which used to be the mansion of Alexander Pushkin. Very welcoming staff who were accommodating (offered me an umbrella when it was raining out, offered great recommendations for dinner, places to watch the wold cup). My room was palatial, clean and comfortable. Probably the best room for the price i have ever stayed at. My only negative would be that there isn't too much directly adjacent to the hotel. You have to walk about 10-15 minutes to get to anything worthwhile in St Petersburg (i.e.. the Bronze Horseman). The Wifi worked well and the breakfast was just average (but let's be honest you aren't here for the breakfast food). Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again!

Room tip: Ask for one of 2 rooms on the river (incredible views of the Neva
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Thank JDK .
Reviewed June 1, 2018

staff was OK, restaurant also OK, rooms are clean and really big, location - 10 minutes by walk to nevsky prospect, there is a small supermarket closed to hotel and great souvenir shop with super prices.

Date of stay: September 2017