“a great place to stay”

Radisson Sonya Hotel
Ranked #59 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just came back from 3 nights stay at this hotel.
The hotel is nice and modern with functional rooms. got a room on the 7th floor, was small and yet enough for a short stay.
The hotel and the rooms are clean and welcoming.
Breakfast is nice, a small variety of good things.
Excellent food in the Metamorfos Restaurant.
The hotel is quit central, i did most of my trips by walking. easy walk to Nevsky Prospect, Blood church, Hermitage, St Isaac's. (assuming you can and like to walk).

Excellent WiFi coverage in the hotel.

While staying at this hotel, i recommend you should book taxi transport from the airport with them. on the way to the hotel i was "ripped off", payed 3000 ruble for a Taxi taken from the Taxi stand at the airport. on the way back, used the hotel and payed 1600 ruble.

other points of interest you might like : Kupetz Eliseevs food mall (www.kupetzeliseevs.ru) on Nevsky Prospect and Cafe Schastye ( i was in the one next to the St Isaac's )

I would have given the hotel 4.5 starts (but i could give either 4 or 5, so decided to go for 4) just for two things :
first, the room is equipped with coffee kit with everything needed, just not the actual coffee or tea.
the second, water temperature in the shower is max 38 degrees (at least that's what it says on the knob) and there were hot water, just not that hot for my taste.

Room Tip: stayed at 708, was a great room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank rantlv
RadissonSonyaHotel, General Manager at Radisson Sonya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear rantlv,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to learn that you are satisfied with the hotel and the services provided met your expectations.
Though it is a pity that not all small details were done properly from our side. We took it into considerations and I hope we will be able to fully delight you next time.

Should you be returning in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally see to your reservation in order for us to provide a different standard room for you to experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hotel is Ok,

Rooms are clean and enough space, breakfast is not that good but ok.
The only concern that really bother me was the Conserge, booth kind but nether of them specks well english it really surprised me as on the front desk they did speck Eng needed direction for city and things to do around and they pass me with this conserge that barley can explain something in Eng, very kind do but you really need to have a well prepared person for this job.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
RadissonSonyaHotel, General Manager at Radisson Sonya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Edworks,

I would like to thank you for writing this review.

I appreciate that you noticed that we have an area for improvment. I will pass through this information to our Front Office Manager.

We hope to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Modern hotel with compact but functional rooms. Clean. Excellent food and service in the Metamorfos Restaurant - waiting staff are both, professional and personable as they engaged in spontaneous but not intrusive chat with us during our many meals there. I cannot but highly praise the reception staff who were attentive and solutions orientated on every occasion, irrespective of who I was dealing with. Young gentleman by the name of Kirril in particular was a gem - we had a misfortune of being pick pocketed during our first day in St. Petersburg, which meant that the rest of the stay was somewhat disturbed. Hotel staff were very empathetic and Kirril took charge in facilitating contact with banks in Australia in order to cancel our credit cards, liaised with the local police in order to obtain a certificate of declaration in relation to the incident. He even helped organise our financial arrangements; as you would imagine, thinking clearly in time of distress was hard and Kirril helped with logical thinking, so that all things were happening in the correct order. My son and I are immensely greatful for all the assistance given. If you are staying at this hotel, we recommend you should book car/taxi transport from the airport with the hotel. The pick up service was well organised, trouble free, clean car, professional and friendly driver. The house keeping service is a bit of a hit and miss but in the context of all other good things this hotel has to offer, I would gladly stay here again. Thank you to all hotel staff for looking after us and making our stay comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Slaussie
RadissonSonyaHotel, General Manager at Radisson Sonya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Slaussie,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment on our Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoy your stay in Radisson Sonya Hotel. Your comments will be shared with the Front Management and Kirill personally. We are always glad to assist guests with any problems or requests.

We welcome you back to Radisson Sonya during your next trip to Saint Petersburg.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Radisson Sonya and found the staff to be terrific. When our privately booked guide cancelled a few days before we arrived in St Petersburg, I contacted the concierge who immediately sent some alternatives. They were very accommodating and the service level was great. The rooms are really small but otherwise I have no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Feezeeweezee
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I like the most that all systems (lighting, elevators, bathroom equipment, music, flooring etc.) are made from the expensive materials and are well designed.

The big minus is that mineral water at breakfast is Aqua Minerale which is not actually Natural mineral water(TU-0131...). For such a good level hotel it is not a big deal to offer real natural mineral water! I hope you can purchase it soon)

Also a small minus that you do not have clocks at the reception!

All the rest I like very much!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ivanmanvelov
Reviewed November 18, 2013

At first I didn't know what to expect--visiting Russia for the first time. I booked this hotel based on the familiarisation with Radisson and...it did not disappointed me at all. The hotel experience was awesome. Why? Well....you expect those high Western standards but also, the concierge and her staff were great , friendly, their English was perfect, and above all the food was awesome--especially the Siberian Pyelmeni.

As well I would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel given its closeness to the center of Saint Petersburg since everything--well, almost--is from a walking distance.

If I go back to St. Petersburg, I shall definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank drs88bbj
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great country, great city and a very nice hotel...and all made so much easier by the kind staff and very helpful concierge (Elena) who never got tired of answering my questions and guiding me through beautiful St Petersburg...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonSonyaHotel, General Manager at Radisson Sonya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Patrick M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Sonya Hotel, Saint Petersburg.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I will share your nice comment about concierge Elena with our staff members and herself.

Kind regards,