“Good location”

Golden Triangle Hotel
Ranked #22 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Fine, some problems with the bill but dut to incomprehensions. Good quality, nice room fantastic location. Helpful staff available to give all the informations required. Cheap for the quality offered. Breakfast quite satysfying with a wide selection of products

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alberto P

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Room is very small and you can perfectlly hear the neigbourgs!!!
We stay in room 414 and we could perfectlly hear guests next door. It Looks like they've made two rooms of one, result: tiny and noisy rooms.
There was also músic during the night....
Other problem is that bathroon smell of cigarret smoke!
Beside that, it has a perfect location and a very nice breakfast room.
It's a pity they've chosen to reduce quality to increase their income....

• Stayed: December 2013
GoldenTriangleHotel, Директор по продажам at Golden Triangle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your recent stay at Golden Triangle hotel.
The property is considered to be non-smoking and we hope all all guests would respect this policy. The rooms were initially planned to be tiny on the lower floors since Single and Double rooms are mostly placed their, while Superior, Deluxe and suite rooms are situated on the upper floors and feature more space & better soundproofing.
Thank you once again for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed in room 403. A bit snug, but well appointed. The only problem was that the drain in the shower was not quite tip-top. Water kept spilling over, and also, there was sometimes a faint smell of sewage. The wi-fi operated flawlessly. The breakfast spread was superb. This alone would have justified the stay. Highly recommended for a good business hotel. It's a short walk from the Nevskiy Prospekt subway stop, and also convenient to the Hermitage Museum.

Room Tip: 403 is in the back of the building, facing a quiet alley.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest!
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our room (despite some bathroom troubles) and location, and we hope that you will consider us again for your future visits to St.Petersburg. Once again, thank you very much for your comments, and we wish you a great day ahead.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Occasionally things go wrong in hotels. That I can understand. This time, it happened to me.

I arrived late at the hotel, with a colleague, at around 1am having walked from the late night train from Moscow. The hotel had our reservations, they were all in order, but they had had one of their regular VIP customers request to extend their stay, so they did what most hotels would do, let them continue the stay. For whatever reason they then didn't make a particularly good job of working out what to do.

To cut a long story short I agreed to take a room and vacate it early next morning; they needed it cleaned for another arrival.Had I stood my ground and got moved elsewhere I would probably have ended up with less sleep - so at the end of the day taking what I could was a sensible move.

Normally I'd never go back to a hotel after that - but there is something about the Golden Triangle that probably merits a second chance. It's for certain in a nice part of town, it's very nicely furnished, the staff that we saw were very nice and friendly (although the lady I spoke to on the phone who had made a mess of the booking and the remediation was something on a hiding to nothing). Breakfast was very good.

I'll be back in St. Petersburg at some time - and I'll quite happily return to the Golden Triangle ... but don't do that to me again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GoldenTriangleHotel, Director of Sales at Golden Triangle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest!
Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience at our hotel. Please, accept our sincere appologies on that situation and any caused inconveniences. Although, it was only a one night & very short stay stay, given your late arrival and early departure, I hope, you enjoyed it. We were pleased, you accepted a discount and upgrate from Standart to Suite room as an excuse, and we express confidence that your next stay at Golden Triangle hotel will be flawless.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us on any special requests for your next stay - we'll do our best to meet your expectations.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was pretty disappointed by a thing! I had troubles sleeping in Russia due to the time difference. Finally on Sunday night I managed to fall asleep before 3am. I just wanted to have a regular 7-8hours sleep, but the cleaning lady came to knock the door, with the same sensibility of a butcher, at 8:30am!!!! I have got a little angry and I complained with the receptionist (a tacky lady). Surprisingly the receptionist told me:"It's normal that she knocked the door!" and she grumbled like if I was a fool! I was so surprised for such behavior...but it was my second night in Russia! I had no idea that manners are optional in average tourist structure. I should have paid a 5 stars hotel to get the perks of "I'm sorry".

To conclude: breakfast was nothing special

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GoldenTriangleHotel, Director of Sales at Golden Triangle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your thorough review, as it is very helpful to us in understanding our guests' needs. We are grateful for your comments regarding our housekeeping services & reception which we will be sure to consider for any changes or improvements to make in the future. Otherwise, we trust you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel and St.Petersburg and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The golden triangle is my new favorite hotel in St. Petersburg. Very elegantly furnished, PERFECT LOCATION in one of the most beautiful ares of the city, walking distance to The Hermitage museum. Reasonably priced for Russia.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. We receive many good comments about how convenient our location is, and we are proud to say it is our very strong unique sales point. We hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to St.Petersburg.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just spent a few days at this hotel and couldn't have been happier. The location is perfect, the staff was very helpful and the room was very comfortable.
The breakfast room is charming and the choices were outstanding.
Great car service from airport and back at a very reasonable price.
Highly recommend...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanbo4

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel.
We were delighted to read your glowing review of our hotel and We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our room and location, and we hope that you will consider Golden Triangle hotel again for your future visits to St.Petersburg.