“Surprisingly, I will return”

Golden Triangle Hotel
Ranked #21 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly, I will return”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Occasionally things go wrong in hotels. That I can understand. This time, it happened to me.

I arrived late at the hotel, with a colleague, at around 1am having walked from the late night train from Moscow. The hotel had our reservations, they were all in order, but they had had one of their regular VIP customers request to extend their stay, so they did what most hotels would do, let them continue the stay. For whatever reason they then didn't make a particularly good job of working out what to do.

To cut a long story short I agreed to take a room and vacate it early next morning; they needed it cleaned for another arrival.Had I stood my ground and got moved elsewhere I would probably have ended up with less sleep - so at the end of the day taking what I could was a sensible move.

Normally I'd never go back to a hotel after that - but there is something about the Golden Triangle that probably merits a second chance. It's for certain in a nice part of town, it's very nicely furnished, the staff that we saw were very nice and friendly (although the lady I spoke to on the phone who had made a mess of the booking and the remediation was something on a hiding to nothing). Breakfast was very good.

I'll be back in St. Petersburg at some time - and I'll quite happily return to the Golden Triangle ... but don't do that to me again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GoldenTriangleHotel, Director of Sales at Golden Triangle Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest!
Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience at our hotel. Please, accept our sincere appologies on that situation and any caused inconveniences. Although, it was only a one night & very short stay stay, given your late arrival and early departure, I hope, you enjoyed it. We were pleased, you accepted a discount and upgrate from Standart to Suite room as an excuse, and we express confidence that your next stay at Golden Triangle hotel will be flawless.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us on any special requests for your next stay - we'll do our best to meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was pretty disappointed by a thing! I had troubles sleeping in Russia due to the time difference. Finally on Sunday night I managed to fall asleep before 3am. I just wanted to have a regular 7-8hours sleep, but the cleaning lady came to knock the door, with the same sensibility of a butcher, at 8:30am!!!! I have got a little angry and I complained with the receptionist (a tacky lady). Surprisingly the receptionist told me:"It's normal that she knocked the door!" and she grumbled like if I was a fool! I was so surprised for such behavior...but it was my second night in Russia! I had no idea that manners are optional in average tourist structure. I should have paid a 5 stars hotel to get the perks of "I'm sorry".

To conclude: breakfast was nothing special

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GoldenTriangleHotel, Director of Sales at Golden Triangle Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your thorough review, as it is very helpful to us in understanding our guests' needs. We are grateful for your comments regarding our housekeeping services & reception which we will be sure to consider for any changes or improvements to make in the future. Otherwise, we trust you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel and St.Petersburg and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The golden triangle is my new favorite hotel in St. Petersburg. Very elegantly furnished, PERFECT LOCATION in one of the most beautiful ares of the city, walking distance to The Hermitage museum. Reasonably priced for Russia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. We receive many good comments about how convenient our location is, and we are proud to say it is our very strong unique sales point. We hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to St.Petersburg.
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just spent a few days at this hotel and couldn't have been happier. The location is perfect, the staff was very helpful and the room was very comfortable.
The breakfast room is charming and the choices were outstanding.
Great car service from airport and back at a very reasonable price.
Highly recommend...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nanbo4
Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel.
We were delighted to read your glowing review of our hotel and We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our room and location, and we hope that you will consider Golden Triangle hotel again for your future visits to St.Petersburg.
Mission Viejo California
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Though a bit Funky and expensive, this hotel has location, location, location.
The funky part has to do with the fact that is consists of 4 floors (3-6) within what appears to be a commercial building. There is a lift. Expensive, ($360/nt) but everything in Russia appears to be expensive.
The service, was great the breakfast was extensive and good but could use some variety in the hot offerings. We were there for 5 day and our bedding was never changed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate your positive review of your experience at Golden Triangle hotel, our team members strive to deliver quality service to each and every guests and comments like yours encourages our team to do better. Thank you once again, and we hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to St.Petersburg.
Mashhad, Iran
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights ... My husband and i in hotel triangle ... And everything was just perfect ... It is located in nevski street... All must visting sites are off just a few minutes ... You would have many choice for restuarnt .. Cafe .... Bar ... Shopping and everything ... The staff are really friendly ... "Nadia" one the reception staffs is the most helping and lovely person i have visited in russia ... She tried to help us even more then her duties ... And overall all the staffs were friendly and warm ...and i can just say if i go to st p one million times again i will stay there !!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank honeye
Dear Guest,
We endeavor to provide refreshing hospitality to each and everyone of our guests during their stay.
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed Golden Triangle hotel, and hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Singapore
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in the hotel in early July during the peak season, white nights.
Its not cheap when compared to other countries (generally speaking) but location is very convenient.
For a person who is used to Asian quality of service and at this price it was bit of surprise and inconvenent to carry your own bags to 3 floor lobby from cab. Then to carry it again to your room after doing the check-in and vice versa, when checking out. But the location, interiors quality and breakfast are all resonably worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo