Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge
$564
$433
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$222
$189
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$227
  • Pool
$477
$422
$234
  • Pool
$169
  • Restaurant
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22(St. Petersburg)
$458
$345
$273
Agoda.com
1,670 results
All reviewsexcellent spasevilla restaurantdans le noirsnow roomlarge poolspa areanice hotelminute walkvasilievsky islandpeter and paul fortressbreakfast buffetfive star hotelstandard roomenjoyed my staylobby baron footbeautiful city
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Sokos Hotels is one of the biggest hotel chains in Finland. Sokos Hotels in Finland are always ok, but just ok: no luxury, nothing to remember you leave one. Meaning you have many reasons not to pick this chain when you have others to choose from. How ever this time the spa was the biggest reaoson to give a chance.

It is always nice to be surprised positively and Palace Bridge in deed offered us just what we expected and even more. Check in at early morning was pleasant. No need to wait till afternoon but the room was ready at once. Very friendly service and a person with fluent spoken English. Check out two nights later was equal experience.

Room was not very large but had the space we needed. It was clean and decoration was ok. Bed was perfectly hard for my back and pillows were very good too. View from the window was nothing to be mentioned but we came to see this manificent city from the street view not from the hotel window!

This hotel offered wide variety of services as well. 24 hour room service, if you need such. Concierge was not the best among those I have met but very helpful how ever. For her a little minus for the lingual skills. Bar and coffee shop were open from early hours till late and service was again friendly though spoken English was not again that great. And the prices, well one drink was enough.

Hotel restaurants aren'n usually those I give any value. Breakfast was included to room rate and was ok but I wouldn't pay the high price if it didn't include. Dinner at Dans le Noir? -restaurant was not a culinary spectacle and again they robbed us by a bottle of poor wine but overall experience were awesome - thanks to the team!

When you need some relaxation after walking around the city the spa is just what you need. It was just comfortable to take your towel and bathrobe and walk to the spa. Numerous saunas and steam rooms, ice room, big pool, jacuzzis, ice water pool... Spa area were huge and had something for everybody. And the best part: they didn't allow kids after 6:30pm! Spa was very modern and extremely clean.

On the whole: good experience. Location is always a thing to discuss but served this time our need quite well. Price was not cheap, but I was glad to pay for this Western style to make things work. Can recommend, will come back some day!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Antti P
Marina B, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Antti P,

Thank you for such detailed and nice feedback!

It is always pleasant to see the excellent result of our work. I am so happy to hear that you distinguish our hotel from all other Sokos hotels and it makes me proud of it.

And I am especially glad to hear nice feedback about quality of our service.
Friendly and helpful staff is our priority.

Look forward seeing you with us again,

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Along the line of other guest, I can confirm that the hotel has good facilities and a nice spa. Unfortunately the experience is ruined by predatory pricing of extra services.
Breakfast is €30 (in room €40), for this price you get the cheapest Nescaffe and the cheapest russian sausages available, the kind my cat would never touch.
40g of nuts (snack) or 250ml Pepsi from minibar cost 8€.

I do not mind paying (a lot) for quality, but like most I hate being prayed on.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jukka R, Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear ThomasfromDenmark,
Thank you for your feedback and that mentioned good fasilieties and SPA.
This is very important for us to know your opinion about our hotel and F&B service.
This is truth that priсe for a breakfast is €28, but exept russian traditional sausages we have also red caviar, smoked salmon, porridge, champagne and so on.
The prices for a mini bar correspond to the prices of hotel 5 stars, but always you can use services in Bridges Bar in our hotel 24 hours where the prices for drinks is cheaper and btl of Pepsi is €4.
I hope next time you chose our hotel again and your relation can change to the best.

Nikolaenkova Olga
F&B manager
Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge on Vasilly Island in St. Petersburg is for sure a good hotel. But on the one hand it is not very cheap and on the other there are some things that leads to some quite bad feeling. So there are always problems with the monex exchange machine in the lobby and the service people say sorry, but are not able to help. Or most of the time the taxi booth is not open and the statt of the reception say "you have to go to the taxi concierge, we can not help you", and so on.
And the breakfast is only so so - nothing special, but expensive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Marina B, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Reiseprofi_Wien,

Thank you for your feedback.
It is great that you like our hotel.
We have currency exchange ATM in our Lobby. I am sorry that you faced some problems with it.
We have great concierge service, where you can get any kind of information, order a taxi, excursions or guide. It is 24 hours service. We have our hotel cars which guests can also book through concierge desk.

I hope to see you next time in our hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Normal business hotel. Rooms are ok and have everything a business traveller expects. Breakfast is good, but can be very crowded as the hotel is frequented by tourist groups. Restaurant is not the best in the city, but offers decent dinner. Check-in and check-out is extremely slow.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Marina B, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Purjelentaja,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our breakfast and comfortable rooms.
I am sorry that you had to wait on check in and check out. We are still fully booked in this period, but we do our best to serve our clients on a high level.
Look forward seeing you in our hotel,

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Frankly speaking I'm not sure this hotel would be my first choice if I visit Saint Petersburg as a tourist. But for business it is great. The rooms are spacious and have all the necessary amenities a business traveler may need, including an iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and so on. The beds are very comfortable, excellent for a good sleep after a hard day. The area where hotel is located is close to the center, but is at the same time very quite with fresh air coming from the river. The bar & restaurants are quite alright and convenient for meetings with clients. Yet even the upgraded rooms don't have a decent view, which is a major drawback. Also despite some high-profile designs the hotel seems to be just another Sokos, practical, but lacking the charm. If I have business meetings at Vasilievsky island, I will go back, otherwise I'd rather explore other hotels Saint Petersburg has to offer.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms on the 7th floor have all the amenities needed during the business trip.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear amk2f,

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

I am happy to hear that you liked our comfortable beds. As you mentioned they are really excellent for a good sleep after a hard day. Unfortunately the view is mainly on a backyard, but it still nice and clean there. Our hotel fits for both: business travelers and leisure tourists. They both can meet their needs with us.
I hope next time you chose our hotel again and you visit our perfect SPA and our unique restaurant Dans Le Noir where you can eat in total darkness.