Nordhostel Hermitage
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$222
$182
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$227
  • Pool
$169
$422
  • Restaurant
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22(St. Petersburg)
$458
$345
$273
Agoda.com
$534
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The hostel is not prepared to accommodate so many people in such a small space. Despite the 2 dorms are spacious, a tiny bathroom with two toilets and two showers is not enough for all and the kitchen is very small and has no window. There is no living room, no A/C and no fan. And it is very noisy during the day and especially at night.
But the location can’t be better and the staff is nice.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hostel has two locations, one with shared dorms, on the doorstep of the Hermitage- and another a few blocks further out. The one I stayed in was in a residential building just a very large apartment with four or five bedrooms, for 2-3 people each, and a few bathrooms so sharing was never a problem. Both locations are very well located, I never had to bother with the metro. I had missed a bus and arrived even later than planned, but the manager was around to let me in and happily show me around even at a very late hour. There's a nice little serve yourself stocked kitchen with cereals and breads and egss and coffee and juices. they just ask that you finish by 2 pm. The manager is very smart and interesting, speaks flawless English- and loves the arty side of St Petersburg and loves to share it with visitors, I got loads of good advice and great conversation. If Tatiana ever stops managing it, the whole place might fall apart, but as it is, it's a wonderful comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank bettyellen
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed in a dorm with four friends and two of my friends had separate room. The place is a quite small but clean and remind me my times when I lived in community. Don't expect marble and silver ware.

Place has an excellent location. It also has heavy traffic nearby so take your ear plugs with you!

Service was friendly and they spoke pretty good English (what I expect as a baseline). By the way Russians speak English worse than I write it, so this was a great plus!

You had to made your own breakfast and it was what they promised - hopefully you like serials. Though what was nice that in such a little room you have to meet other guests who where in my case very nice company.

As a conclusion this hostel is small, clean and friendly place with a best location you could imagine.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The attention we received from the staff (Tatiana mainly) at this place was nothing short of amazing. She helped us figure out what to do, where to go and how to make the most out of our trip.
The hostel is spacious and the guests tend to be clean. The whole ambiance is great.
At night in the weekends the noise coming from the street can get bothersome.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank worldtraveler28006
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I just stayed at the Nord Hostel for three nights and had a great time there. The location is ridiculously cool, in the center of town right around the corner from the Hermitage. It's the perfect spot to start out from when exploring the city.

Since I had reserved a single room and they were expecting to be crowded due to a large group coming through, they set me up a nice lady's B and B very close by to the hostel, and still just around the corner from the Hermitage. The lady there was very nice and I had a large room (two rooms actually) with a big comfortable bed. I got some great sleep while I was there in fact. The only downside to my place was that there was no internet there.

But that was no problem because it gave me a reason to hang out at the Nord Hostel and I met some cool people there including super sweet, cool and hospitable Tatiana and Tanya who run the place. They made my stay in St. Petersburg truly special and I was sad to say goodbye when it was time to leave.

I'll definitely be staying there again on my next trip to Saint Petersburg. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo