“Felt like royalty”

Ranked #99 of 10,578 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: European, Russian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nevskiy
Description: Old world charm and contemporary elegance enliven L’Europe, one of St Petersburg’s leading gourmet restaurants. Offering the finest haute cuisine in the most exquisite Art Nouveau surroundings, L’Europe fires the imagination and transports diners to a time of indulgent decadence.Beluga and Oscietra caviar atop delicate blinis, bonbons of foie gras terrine, beef rib eye in Amarena cherry sauce and veal poached in Port are just some of the delicacies that will tantalise your palate at L’Europe.Live music accompanies the unrivalled culinary experience year round. Join us on Fridays for our Tchaikovsky Nights where you can enjoy an outstanding ballet show, on Saturdays for Jazz in St Petersburg or on Sundays for our delightful Jazz Brunch, adding a touch of “cool” to the weekend.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We made our way to Hotel Grand Europe for dinner at the legendary L'europe on a Sunday evening. On our arrival, we were told L'europe main hall where royalty and celebrity have dined before us was closed after the buffet brunch on Sundays. Of course we were disappointed! The maitre'd was quick thinking and suggested that we order from the L'Europe menu and dine at the Caviar Room right next to it. We gladly took up his offer.

Unlike the L'europe hall, the Caviar Room was extremely cozy. There was a lady trio (one playing guitar, one violin and one singing) performing live for the pleasure of the two of us and just 2 other patrons. Nice.

The caviar trolley was just next to our table, loaded full of different types of the little spheres of gastronomical delight. All so tempting! Instead, I decided on the 6 course degustation menu to sample all the Russian classics. What a feast! Starting with black caviar in egg, classic herring salad, borsch soup, orange caviar on crab leg meat, the classic beef straganov and en fin, bliny brulee with chocoate. I was already stuffed by the fourth course! All excellent quality. My friend, a much lighter and healthier eater than I, chose, the seafood broth (very light but tasty) and the fish pie (yummy).

Service was outstanding. Attentive but not intrusive, our server was always a nod away. He took time to explain the dishes to us too.

We took a peep at the L'europe grand hall with the stained glass ceiling. Very atmospheric!

If price was no issue, I would strongly recommend L'europe and experience how it must be like to be royalty for a day.

1  Thank sevenheaven1

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Two families, 10persons went for a recommended brunch. It was expensive 130€per person. But It was definitely forth it. Real caviar,now I know what it is for real. Sushi and chocolate fondant fir kids. Live jazz. French champagne.... We will go again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is really one of the best restaurants in our city and it is expensive for sure, so you have to be ready to pay for your emotions and satisfaction with a great cuisine and beautiful interior.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

WOW - beautiful old hotel with an elegant dining room. We were here in the winter and we dined early (7PM) - had the room and attention all to our party. Impeccable service, elegant meal presented with style and flair. The cost was not unreasonable and our party enjoyed the overall ambiance. Would not want to eat this way every night, but for a specal occasion, it was amazing. I would also like to note that the piano and sax player played beautifully and (I think) tailored the music somewhat to american tastes since we had the room to ourselves. They even did a requested slow dance number that provided us a nice mid-meal break to dance and savor the moment. Even if you do not stay in the hotel, book a dinner at the L'Europa restaurant - you will not be disappointed

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a bit late but still remember our wonderful dinner at L'Europe. We cruises to St. Petersburg this last June and decided to have dinner off the ship our only night at port. I had decided on this place because of it's beautiful room and also it's fine dining menu. We were not dissapointed. The room was lovely and there was live music playing for what turned out to be a beautiful and memorable dining experience.
We began with Caviar & Vodka and then continued with an Authentic Russian dinner that was very well served and very tasty. We had very attentive service and they even brought me a small cushioned bench to place my purse on. The night we were there started out with only a few tables being full and by the time we left the restaurant was full and very busy. At the end of the evening I was given a rose to take with me.....I thought this was a special touch. Overall, a great experience at L'Europe!

1  Thank tucsonishome