“Great Russian Experience”

Russkaya Ryumochnaya No. 1
Ranked #36 of 10,559 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Admiralteisky
Description: Russian Vodka Room №1 Russian Vodka Room №1 was opened in 2008 and is ever since the only restaurant of Russian cuisine where you can taste the dishes from different historical periods and over 200 kinds of Russian vodka. The restaurant is a unique place where different historical eras meet to create a special ambience. In 2008 the restaurant was awarded the Golden Palm (National Foodservice Awards by Leaders Club International) for the best restaurant concept. The restaurant owner is member of Chaine des Rotisseurs International Association of Gastronomy. Over the past 5 years Russian Vodka Room №1 received many awards and was visited by numerous celebrities from around the globe, including movie stars, singers, politicians and members of royal families.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my evening at the Russian Vodka Room. Really good food and it was fun trying all sorts of vodka. My inexperience in Russia may make me wrong, but I thought it was a fantastic Russian experience. On recommendation from another review I tried the Strawberry soup for pudding which was very nice. Only downside for me was having asked for a non-smoking table I ended up in the rather empty and soulless non-smoking section; fresh air but not as fun. My mistake.

1  Thank fdb21
There are newer reviews for Russkaya Ryumochnaya No. 1

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here on our last night in Russia wanting to have Russian food and enjoy our last Russian evening. We walked here in the pouring rain and and were glad to check out coats in and sit at our table with a glass of wine.

Myself and my boyfriend had beef stroganoff which was delicious! When we ordered we got two free shots of vodka... What else would you expect in this place! The food and service was great!!!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Upon a recent trip to St Petersburg I decided to pop into the Vodka Museum, which was in itself very interesting.
After my vodka tasting I felt a bit hungry/peckish and decided to go straight to the Russian Vodka Room next to the museum.
Admittedly I only ordered so pancakes and caviar with yet more Vodka, I found the service attentive but never overwhelming. The waiter was friendly and advised on Vodka choices and his English skills were good enough to understand one another.
I could not fault it and will certainly be back to try some of the more traditional Russian delicacies.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant following an evening at The Ballet. The service and the food were excellent and we even managed to take in the adjoining Vodka Musueum which was both interesting and unusual.

I would say that if you are in St Petersburg and want a taste of Russia in more than one way with Superb food and polite, attentive, English speaking staff this is a must. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were 6 that decided to eat here while waiting a folk dance performance in the area during a Baltic cruise at the end of July (St Petersburg). The museum sounded very interesting but was a bit pricey and time consuming so we opted to only eat in the adjacent restaurant. We were all hungry and thus we decided to eat and sample 1 vodka during dinner. We found the food good but not over the top. The service was very typical for Russia - poor attitude towards tourists, especially if they thought you were American. Overall the food was good, vodka excellent but we found it a bit pricey for what we got.