“Best Meal in Russia”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Oregon
“Best Meal in Russia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

So why only 4 stars? Service. Our waitress wasn't very attentive. She forgot to bring the Kachapuri until I had to remind her at the point we were almost done. I asked for another juice for the wife and she brought us lemonade; when I said "no", she tried to pour it into my glass. Once again I said "no". Guess what wound up on the bill and had to be removed? When it came time to pay, the waitress refused to take my CC; only when I asked where the nearest ATM was, did the manager step in and agree to accept the card. Huh? Also, I was a bit unhappy that they charged us 50 roubles for packaging up the Kachapuri for take out. I don't believe I've ever been charged for a doggie bag. The positive was the single best dish in 3+ weeks in Russia, the Solianka (beef tips in a spicy sauce with fresh pomegranate seeds). Kachapuri was very good as was the Lobio (I tried the cold version). The moral is that great food always trumps mediocre service.

• Visited August 2013

Kent
“Well worth the detour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were staying in the Tradition Hotel at the opposite end of the city. However using the metro at Sportinaya we went two stops changed and four stops to Novocherkasskaya and you are nearly there Metro Line number 4. Head back to the river 300 metres and you will see it on your right. The service in this restaurant was warm and friendly. The menu was also in English. The Russian beer was great and there is a good wine list. I opted for a chicken main and the fried potatoes. My wife had the cod with tomato cheese and cauliflower. The quality was excellent and the bread was well made. Didn't have dessert but there was plenty of choice. There is a seperate non smoking dining room but ask for this when you make a reservation which I would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
St.Petersburg
“Very good Georgian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Georgian cuisine. Live music. Excellent service. Very good food and vine. A lot of Vegetarian food. Due to embargo, there were no famous Georgian wine and mineral water. We took Azerbaijanian white dry wine which was excellent. Try khatchapuri (chease pie) and tchebureki (meat pie), absolutely delicious! The restaurant is close to Novocherkasskaya metro station. If you stay in the hotel “Moscow”, just cross the river. Do not confuse with a bistro on the coner.

• Visited June 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Best Georgian Food in SP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

While in SP we were so impressed with the quality of the food, we ate here three times. The atmosphere is not fancy, they put all their energy into giving you a good meal. The Lamb backed in a giant noodle is terrific, as is the Kahchapuri.
Friendly wait staff.

• Visited July 2012
London
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

But lots of food, so careful with the side orders! Lots of choice, wonderful flavours and the meat was cooked nicely. Can recommend the house infusion #5 as an aperitif, plus anything with the walnut sauce. We didn't make it as far as dessert, practically rolling out of the restaurant.

Visited August 2012