“Nearly a good hotel”
Review of Palantin Hotel

Palantin Hotel
Ranked #123 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent three nights here during a two week long trip in Northern Europe. The hotel is within easy walking distance from Baltijskaja train and metro station. It has a private parking place.
We arrived after a rain, and the parking area was covered with water up to our ankles.
The room was quite large with a separate bedroom area. It was clean and well equipped. Hot water in the shower had a strange colour and smell all three days.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone we met spoke English.
Breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety, but the breakfast room is too tiny, so the guests bother each other even when the hotel is not fully booked.
Free wifi network was extremly slow, fast wifi network was extemly expensive. All the other hotels where we stayed in the surrounding countries provided free high speed wifi service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FelisUrsus

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would like to thank the staff at the Palantin Hotel for a very comfortable stay. The hotel room was superb and spacious with a good sized bathroom. Breakfast had a wide variety everyday and the rooms are cleaned with a good level of cleanliness . I would recommend this for first time visit or as a returning tourist. The hotel does charge for registration which is only 200r. But this is required under Russian Federation immigration and it does state this when booking this hotel. I will have no hesitation in booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: all rooms do face a courtyard so there is little chance of hearing much traffic
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simm0007
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice place to stay while you are visiting the city. It's almost in the center. Small and quiet. It has small parking in the yard. Rooms are large and clean. Standard room has twin beds. Receptionist was friendly and helpful. The first room was a smoking one. They gave us the other one by request at once. Breakfast (buffet) is simple but not bad.

Room Tip: Specify whether you want smoking or non smoking room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stanislav Z
Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you would like to get good impression from Saint Petersburg I beg you please DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL it is really horrible, I was in the luxe room and they wanted to charge me for additional bed sheet and this is for 280 USD per day, WiFi is only exist on the ad, no WiFi or it is really slow that you can't open the webpage for 1 hr, they have Full-speed internet but you have to pay extra like 80 RUR-around 3 USD and it doesn't work too
Only good receptionist Maria was very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: please choose different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank victorsamara
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week and I was very pleased with the accommodation, clean, quiet just what you need after a day out. Rooms are spacious, I would love to have a kettle or fridge in there. Not always hot water!
Free internet was good I did not have any problems connecting and checking emails.
Staff was very friendly and helpful but if I did not speak Russian it would be a bit more difficult (depends who was at the reception). Breakfast was enough and good variety. The breakfast room was very small and if I came early at 8am would not get a seat and/or they run out of brown/dark bread. Location is really good, I walked to the town centre from there as I wanted to explore the area. I do not mind walking.
Next year I'd like to go to St Petersburg again to have more time exploring the city and area around the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Well my husband and I were sick of Azimut hotel next door and we think what could be worse than this...Palantin Hotel

When we first enter the hotel and the rooms we had high hopes for a moderate hotel...nice decoration, big room...a100dolar suite...we had a long day out and when we decided to sleep, mattress gave us a pain in the a...! Hardly slept night, we decided to stay one night more because the hotel very close to the port which my husband had to visit lately. The second night I just simply want to have a shower in a huge jacuzzi but no hot water was there I called the reception and ask why, I was told to let hot water open for 20 minutes...ok...but no hot water after an hour, reception told me to wait half an hour, after 1hour no hot water...at the and it was 3am and I couldn't have a shower in a 100$ hotel suite with a there some jacuzzi...well nothing to say more....stay in Azimut instead better mattress and definitely real water color hot shower!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Esen B
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Luxury suite was poorly decorated, hot water was mostly absent, soap dispenser was broken - hotel staff was indifferent.
Breakfast room is really small, better get up early if you don't want to stay in line.
Free wireless internet is extremely slow - forget about skype and google maps.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business