“A bit pricy for Russia, but good food!”
Review of Restaurant Arktika

Restaurant Arktika
Ranked #18 of 248 Restaurants in Murmansk
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Modern, fresh restaurant with high-quality cooking, a wide selection of dishes, some good beer, a rather good view of parts of the city. The staff was helpful and actually knew some English.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

It was a nice restaurant, different flavors, different food, environment was so warm. I’ll come back for sure. Try the berries tea.

Date of visit: January 2018
Сергей К, other at Restaurant Arktika, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear Jaime,
thank you very much for taking your time to post feedback on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad that service in our restaurant Arctic on the 2 floor were exellent for you. Once again thank you for the comments they are very important for us. We hope that will have another chance to welcome you in our restaurant again!

Best Regards,
Sergey Konovalov
F&B Director AZIMUT Hotel Murmansk

Reviewed October 24, 2017

This is a fairly generic hotel restaurant that you might expect to find in any larger hotel. I chose to come here for dinner as it was close to where I was staying and I didn't particularly want a long walk in the cold. Service was friendly and helpful, and they had local craft beer available which was a definite plus point. The food was fairly average though. I had a plate of different types of smoked fish as a starter, borsht and some halibut for main. Prices weren't unreasonable. Wifi was painful to use, but with some help from the waiter I was able to get in. (Wifi in general is a struggle in Russia without a local mobile phone number).

Date of visit: October 2017
Сергей К, F&B director at Restaurant Arktika, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear KGB777,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post feedback on Tripadvisor.com.
Best Regards,
Sergey Konovalov
F&B Director
AZIMUT Hotel Murmansk

Reviewed July 12, 2017

The Restaurant Artika is your average hotel restaurant on the second floor of the Azimut Hotel in Murmansk, Russia. It is nice enough, one can have cocktails or wine, but the food is typical hotel faire. However, It is clean, the staff is friendly, and you can read the menu!

Date of visit: June 2017
Сергей К, F&B Director at Restaurant Arktika, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Lisa,
We are very glad you have chosen Arctika restaurant, Murmansk for the rest during your trip. We truly appreciate your time to share a review about your experience with other travelers. We are look forward to welcome you again many times in future.
With kind regards, Sergey Konovalov, F&B Director

Reviewed March 20, 2016

We went to this restaurant twice, and thought the food was really good. I ordered the venison steak (medium) and thought it was delicious. The first time, my husband ordered the pork medallions (and loved them) and the second time he tried to order the venison pelmeni (but they were out), so he ordered the venison steak. The second time, I ordered the pork--midway through, though, we switched back--it turned out that I preferred the venison steak and my husband preferred the pork.
The desserts were delicious. The sourcream mousse was unlike anything I have had (I wasn't sure about the lime Jell-o garnish, but I just ignored it) and my husband loved the Napoleon torte.

My one disappointment was the tea. I love Russia, and they have a great tea culture. I ordered a pot of black tea (hoping for assam loose leaf) and was told my choices were Earl Grey or English Breakfast. It came, and it was mass produced bag tea. Truly, for a restaurant that celebrates Northern Russian culture, as can be seen by the choices on the menu, they need to work on their tea selection.
Otherwise, a good choice for Murmansk.

Date of visit: March 2016