“I was not impressed based on so many great reviews”
Review of Tundra Grill & Bar

Tundra Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Murmansk
Price range: $200 - $1,300
Cuisines: European, Italian, Russian, Central European, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Description: "Tundra" - a new and one of the most interesting projects of the company "Restaurant syndicate". Guests of "Tundra. Grill & Bar" like unique format and colorful interior, open kitchen and affordable menu. Men are sure to enjoy a great selection of beers and whiskeys and their companions - a real Italian pizza from a wood stove. But, of course , a dominant place in the menu devoted to dishes prepared on the grill. "Tundra. Grill & Bar" combines brutal spirit and natural essence - what sets our harsh edge and ideal for those who prefer the kitchen with character. By the way , the breadth of the soul in Murmansk are also presented - portions are generous and the empty space on the plate is less than filling meal , the menu is a " distillation " of the best works of cooks dishes that are made ​​with a keen understanding of what a person needs in the north.
Reviewed April 2, 2019

I wasn't very impressed with this place. Nice atmosphere, pretty crowded, polite server. Overall our company had a great time. Unfortunately not everything I tried was that great. I really like Russian cuisine and order borsch at every place I can. The borsch here turned out the WORST in town! It was bright orange in color and not even close to be red. I was sure I was served shee (cabbage soup) instead. What a disappointment!
Another thing I didn't care was one of their tea kettles with sea ​​buckthorn. All I could taste was a very sweet honey... a lot of it...
The salad with some meat and tiny sweet pine cones was good, with some unique taste I would say.
We had a great time, but Tundra really disappointed me. I guess crappy borsch ruined it for me. Take it out of your menu please!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 16, 2019

Based on reviews here, I expected good to very good food, but slow and disinterested service. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Our server didn't speak English, but was very patient with my so-so Russian, and we not only got everything we wanted, but she was very patient in explaining any questions. Service was top-notch, the atmosphere was low-key but fun, and the food was absolutely outstanding. I wouldn't have expected a place like this in Murmansk, but everything about the meal was outstanding. Can't wait to return!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Extremely poor service by the receptionists. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and expected good service but it’s out of our expectation that the service by the receptionist is extremely poor. We went there without reservation and found out that it was fully booked so we asked if there will be another date that a table is available. However, the receptionist said one moment please and walked away. After like 10 minutes, we asked her again, but she just stared at us without saying a word and walked away again. The service is extremely poor and it is the worst that we have experienced in Russia. Definitely not recommended!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Modern restaurant with plenty of options, including pizza. Very good and quick service. Good choice of beers.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

When in Murmansk make time to visit this super cosy restaurant offering delicious local cuisine! We had uha (fish soup) and venison stew - was better than our expectations! Great service, decent prices and good beer choice

Date of visit: January 2019