See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Well...the bank machine ate my card the day before my departure...potential disaster! The young ladies at reception worked the phones tirelessly on my behalf, and convinced the bank to send a tech to retrieve my bank card. Crisis averted, and work well above the line of duty. Thank you to all the staff for an enjoyable stay at the Meridian. Well located, clean and totally helpful!

Room tip: Arctic suite was sort of fun, if you like Wolves! I did!
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is really poor sadly / they cannot provide food in a sensible amount of time and waste people’s time with confusion. When a discount was expected due to this time wasting the manager really did not care. She kept saying that we are restaurant - that does not mean you have to provide proper service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2017

This is a functional hotel located right in the centre of Murmansk. I had a single room, and in Murmansk that means a small room with a single bed. The room was fine though, reasonably modern with a nice view over the square. The service staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Wifi was painful - needed to use a local Russian number to get in. Breakfast was mediocre. My main pain point was the strong smell of cigarette smoke in the room throughout the night. Not really sure where it came from as the room was supposed to be non-smoking. But it was really quite bad and made it hard to sleep. As a result I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank KGB777
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The hotel is one of the two structures of international level in town - the other one is Azimuth hotel, which is right cross the street with respect to Meridian hotel - in the most well-kept part of Murmansk.

The level is comparable to any business hotel in North America or Europe.
The English speaking staff is welcoming and professional. Large lobby, bar is open 24 hours.

My single room was fine, with a view towards the square, not noisy nor excessively warm. I visited in summer, and the place had no air conditioning, so I needed to leave the window open during the night for better comfort.

In room WiFi works very well, allowing Skype calling without any troubles.

Some good restaurants nearby, and McDonald's just cross the street - just in case!

They will tell you how to get an invitation for your visa if you contact them in advance from home. The procedure is all electronic, and very cheap.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Carlo R
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its classic Russian style and central location in Murmansk. We arrived at 2am on a flight from Moscow and were met by a wide awake and cheerful receptionist, who got us to our room quickly. Our room on the 8th floor was big and overlooked the main square. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was also large with underfloor heating. Breakfast was good. We also ate in the very good hotel restaurant. In summary we were very pleased with this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katesgrove