“Great place to take the kids.”
Review of Kay's Pizza

Kay's Pizza
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Averill Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If your looking for a quick pizza and have the kids, this is the place to go. The pizzas are good, the staff attentive,and its just a fun place. The noise, the crooked floor and the ducks by the lake justadd to its charm. Definitely a perennialsummer favorite of the locals and vacationers.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

When I am "home" visiting this is a must to make time for!!! I only got to Kay's once last year... but you can bet that this year I will be visiting my family and friends much more starting with Kay's opening weekend!!! The best wings and pizza in the Capital Region for as long as I can remember!!!! When Kays changed hands I was hesitant, however the new owners have proved that you can't change and outdo AWESOME. Keep up the great work!!! I will be back over and over and over.....bringing all my friends and family. PS. I always run into someone I went to HS with or grew up with which makes the experience even better!!! OOO and if you don't want to "wait" in line (goes outside the door) get there by 5 PM! Just sayin'

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Famous for their pizza, and a fun restaurant on the lake, and great slice anyway ordered. Always busy, still worth the wait. And alot of highschool kids are employed! Perfect first job!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

It sounds like the pizza is still great. I used to go there a lot in the 60's and remember when "Kay" was in the kitchen. I can remember tons of stringy cheese on the pizza - so much you could almost choke on it - but really good. I knew it had changed hands, but the sauce recipe was passed along. I think the last time I was there was around 1995 (I checked June 2012 because it doesn't go back that far), and it was as I had remembered. I'm happy to hear it's still open. I'm not close by, but maybe I'll get there again. Great memories at Kay's.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Old style enclosed porch type restaurant; video games and boat ride inside for the kids. Red checkered tableclothes and windows all around...very homey! Pizza is the bomb...steamed clams and a couple of beers cost less than preparing or ordering out; an old favorite establishment.