“La Perla's is Always a Great Treat, Best Restaurant in the Area”
Review of The Gregory House

The Gregory House
Ranked #1 of 1 Averill Park B&B and Inns
East Nassau, New York
“La Perla's is Always a Great Treat, Best Restaurant in the Area”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife and I go over to LaPerla's at the Gregory House at least every other month. Anna Maria and Alfonso take great pride in providing their guests with a dining experience that they will fondly remember. We have become very close with them over the years. We have had many memorable dinners with friends, family, and business associates, and Anna Maria and Alfonso have never failed to impress with impeccable food and service.
I have an allergy to wheat, which rules out pasta and bread for me. Alfonso found this out; he keeps gluten-free pasta in stock. I never order off of the menu; I let him prepare whatever he feels like; I have loved them all and tried many dishes that I otherwise would never think to order.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SFG1960
, Owner at The Gregory House, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you sooo much!!!! It is people like you that makes our job enjoyable !!!!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Averill Park, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have been going to Laperla's for many years. Anna maria and Alfonso always make us feel welcome. You couldn't ask for a better quility of food. One of my favorites is the grilled shrimp. Try Alfonso's wood fire Pizza and you will never order pizza any where else again!
My family and friends just love the atmosphere, we are treated like family every time we go. So if you have not found Averill Parks hidden treasure please go and visit Laperla resturant and Inn and ENJOY !!!!!! I know you will come back for more!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Kerhonkson, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is one of the BEST restaurants around!!!! The food is awesome, not to mention the place is gorgeous, and the staff was so friendly, too. Love it and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our family hosted a graduation party and needed space close by for our out-of-town guests. We couldn't have been more pleased with the friendly, competent service our family received here at the Gregory House. The rooms are well appointed, down to the simplest detail; and, the friendly and efficient service truly made my family feel like "guests." As an added bonus, our friends and family dined at the restaurant, LaPerla. (Which we regularly visit and have never been disappointed.) Wow! Our guests were impressed with the excellent meals ... from seafood to steak, each entree was prepared to order and was absolutely delicious. The owners, Annamarie and Alfonso, were accommodating, friendly and took care of our party like family. We are definitely committed to regular dining there and our family can't wait to return to the area -- for a promised return to LaPerla! If you haven't visited the restaurant yet, Go! Go now -- it's one of our area's hidden gems!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MRL217
Albany, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Since we tried their wood fired tomato, basil & mozzarella pizza my husband will not let us go anywhere else! We LOVE it. The restaurant is comfortable and the service is good. It can be a little slow sometimes, but nothing unbearable. We usually just sit at the bar, not at a table. I really enjoy their spaghetti and meatballs too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Gregory House, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you sooo much for taking the time and and let us know your experience at our restaurant and most of all for your patience and understanding .
Anna Maria
Catskill, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We have stayed at the Gregory house several times and each time has been nothing less than perfect. The owners Anna Maria and Alfonso make everyone feel at home! I read some of the reviews and just felt the need to reassure ANYONE who is considering having a meal or a stay at the Gregory house that it is THE BEST PLACE in Renssalear county! My children adore Anna Maria and she always makes them feel like her own family. Not to mention the amazing food created by chef Alfonso..So much to chose from and he is always willing to make changes to any dish for my one son who has to be on a special diet. All in all this is a wonderful, family-oriented place I am so looking forward to our 4th of July stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Anne Marie, the host is very charmy and makes you feel at home. Alfonso great chef of italian and american cooking

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush

Been to The Gregory House? Share your experiences!