“Dont go on Mexican Monday”

Lakeview On Crystal Lake
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Averill Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife wanted to eat outside tonight, so we headed out to old Lakeview. Turns out it was Mexican Monday. I got the Steak Quesadilla and she got the Scallops and Shrimp Fajita. The food comes out and my wife notices that there is 1 shrimp and 5 Scallops. Not really making a big deal of it, she mentions this fact to the waitress in hopes of maybe getting a couple more shrimp to go along with the meal. The waitress replies "My manager is not working right now but if you want her phone number, you can give her call". Stunned, my wife and I decide to not take this to the next level. 5 minutes later she comes back to our table and tells us that "she spoke with the chef and that you are only supposed to get 2 shrimps and 4-5 scallops". My wife explains to her again that she only got 1 shrimp and 5 scallops. At this point im laughing inside, thinking we are on candid camera or something, then the waitress replies "the kitchen rarely makes mistakes, are you sure you didnt eat the other shrimp or maybe its just hidden on your plate". At this point we paid our bill and left...and not to be a jerk i even left left the waitress a small tip. By the way the steak was all grizzle. Big thumbs down here. This incident happened between 1830 and 1930 hours, August 25th. I choose not to mention the young ladies name.

3  Thank Drew P

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Conveniently located in the center of Averill Park, NY. The food and service are quite good. My sister goes there often. Thou I now live in Nevada I usually go there when I'm in town.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Came here for the first time after driving by for years. Wasn't impressed at all. Place had an old and musty atmosphere. We sat at the bar and the bartender was not friendly at all and obviously didn't appreciate the busy bar business but just took it for granted. Very slow and not attentive to the customers. She was pregnant so that may have had something to do with it a little but if your not in the mood to serve your customers in a friendly, attentive manner,stay home! Food was ok at best, little like cafeteria food, good portions but again service for a drink at bar was horrible. Will definitely drive by again next time I'm in the area.

3  Thank Bill S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We moved into the area and tried many restaurants in New Lebanon, Averill Park, Hoosick Falls and were amazed at several things about Lakeview as follows:

1) Amazingly diverse menu selections - many great items to choose from ranging from sandwiches, Italian, Steak, Seafood, wings/appetizers, etc.
2) Excellent & Fresh Food - Everything in #1 comes out Suberb!
3) Excellent & Higher-End Wine Selections
4) Good Service
5) A nice/friendly atmosphere

This is now in our top 2 restaurants in the area and will continue to return. You really can't go wrong here and you will likely be very pleased.

2  Thank STEBAY711
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We eat here frequently. It's a mile from our home. Whether its pizza, sandwiches or a steak dinner, the food is always fantastic. Love their crab cake appetizer and the rice paper wrapped shrimp appetizer. They are only specials and not on the regular menu but they should be. Husband loves the prime rib. Fish fries are also a favorite. Make reservations on a weekend. We bring all of our family here for special occasion dinners and everyone loves it.