See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Arrived in the late evening, very tired after a long intercontinental flight and was welcomed by a courteous and friendly recepcionist. She confirmed my request for a room in a high floor facing the river and, when I entered the room, I was surprised by the spacioness and beautiful decor, plus a breathtaking view. Room was very comfortable, with all the amenities, also shower was excellent, and wifi was fast. Breakfast could have been better, with slow replacement of items. Service on reception was stellar: the girls were very professional and courteous, most spoke excellent english and one of them, used a translator, which was a nice touch. The airline lost my luggage and the recepcionists were very helpfull making several calls to the airline office in Moscow, and I just have to thank them for all their support. Besides the comfortable room and excellent staff, the hotel is very well located, close enough to the center and all the main attractions, plus, accross the Dvina river, with nice views and at a few steps from the river promedade. It was a short stay, the city is very beautiful with lots to see, and I hope to come back one day and stay in the same hotel. Recommended!

Room tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, facing the river Dvina: the views are excellent!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2015

Excellent place to stay for a good price. Food quality is very good and staff is friendly and helpful :) The hotel is in good location and view on North Dvina river during the breakfast makes love to this hotel better :)

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2015

Just spent one week in Arkhangelsk and thoroughly enjoyed staying here! Comfortable, clean and quiet accommodations right on The Embankment ! Steps away from Lenin Square and all of Arkhangelsk's attractions. Beautiful views from the riverside rooms, adequate breakfast buffet and a relaxed hotel bar make this a great home away from home. Friendly, professional staff!

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the river - well worth it for the views!
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay overnight I arrived late at night after a long train journey just before midnight & was checked in quickly & efficiently , & I took the option of adding breakfast.
The room was large but bare with a piece of wallpaper coming away from the wall,
The bathroom was great with everything provided.
There was an information folder with details about the hotel & the town - & a list if all charges which would be made in case of damage.
The rooms were quiet & secure.
The choice at breakfast wasn't overwhelming . The lady on duty was not in the bar/breakfast room when I arrived, when she returned I had sat down & started to eat, without any greeting my room number was demanded & then she went again.
My overnight stay here was due to not wanting to inconvenience friends I was staying with for the rest if my stay in Arkhangelsk by arriving so late at night - next time I'll find a way of arriving earlier.
The hotel did everything I needed but had nothing that made it special or stand out either in it's rooms or it's staff.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived in Arkhangelsk at 6.50am on the Moscow train and got to the hotel around 7.15. I was a little worried that we would have to fend for ourselves until the usual check in time but the fantastic receptionist Elena (sorry if this is spelt wrong) checked us in almost a half day early for a nominal charge (around 12 GBP per room) After 24 hours on a baking hot train this was fantastic. We had originally booked a double and a twin and after seeing the twin asked if we could swap the double for another twin. The view from the windows on the upper floors over the frozen Dvina river is fantastic. Again Elena organised this immediately, even though she had to get house keeping to prep another room at 7.20 am. The service here is great and the rooms are spotlessly clean and warm and with a window cracked open nicely aired. This is not a 5 star hotel but doesn't charge 5 star rates. It is a comfy, clean, helpful nice place to stay. Anybody planning a trip to Arkhangelsk, this is the place to stay.

Room tip: Try for a twin (no doubles) at the front of the upper two floors for more room and a great view.
Date of stay: April 2013