“Unbelievable quality, courtesy, organization.”

Ludmila Tours - Tours in Russia
Book In Advance
More Info
$392.00*
and up
Splendid 2 Day St Petersburg Tour Introducing the...
Ranked #60 of 540 Tours in Northwestern District
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Ludmila Tours specializes in VISA-FREE shore excursions and private city tours of St.Petersburg and Moscow, Russia. We are a team of trained, experienced professionals who know this field really well and love it very much. We will be happy to assist with every little detail of your trip from visa support to tailor-made sightseeing tours, personalized to satisfy your wishes and interests.
Reviewed June 30, 2015

From booking, correspondence, and arrangements, Lyudmila and Alex's tours gave my husband and me an amazing experience in St Petersburg, and surrounds.
We had 2 days with Marianna and the driver Vladimir. We were picked up promptly. We had early entrance to The Hermitage. We had a private tour in the diamond rooms. Marianna guided us through the Hermitage, navigating to desired rooms, all the time accompanied with her extensive knowledge, and wonderful lilting voice. Yusopov Palace, Church of Spilled Blood, St Isaac's Cathedral, St Nicholas church, a subway ride, visit to Eliseev , were all included on our day 1. Next day was Peterhof, Catherine Palace including amber workshops and hydrofoil. We were on a cruise ship and were limited to the 2 days and we had and desired a full schedule. You can tell we had our skates on! For the 2 days Marianna and Vladimir coordinated so that we seamlessly moved from one venue to another. Lunch breaks, (one at Gogol restaurant) coffee, washroom breaks were all arranged, to allow for an efficient yet not rushed itinerary. All entrances, boat tickets, lunch reservations could only have been done by an organization such as this with exceptional local knowledge. You see tour companies must construct an itinerary to include clients wishes and yet must accommodate museum closings, traffic and local happenings, and of course they had to have us back at the ship for sailing. Further, the command of English is crucial.
Other friends from the ship had very different experiences from ours with other tour companies and many had complaints.
We were simply extremely pleased with our amazing tour provided to us and we recommend Alex's tours and Lyudmila tours very highly indeed.

3  Thank jillybundanoon
in 12 reviews
"driver"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2015

We were here on a cruise but we didn't want to take the ship excursions because we with with my wife's dad and he has some mobility issues. We were worried because the cruise lines lead you to believe that you either go with them or you spend a lot of time and money getting a Russian visa. If you're taking a tour, you DO NOT have to have your own visa - the tour company will get it for you. Relax. Ludmilla was great. They made it easy right from the start. They get your info and and then send you "tickets" which you show at the immigration desk when you show your passport. That's it. And then Ludmilla is waiting on the other side with a sign with your name on it. Simple. We didn't even have to put down a deposit or pay in advance or anything. In fact, we had a driver and guide for two days and didn't pay until the second day (and we could pay with a credit card).
There were four of us, so we had a van with a driver and a tour guide. The guide had a microphone for when we were driving and adjusted it to a level we liked. The BEST part about all of this is that we emailed back and forth with Ludmilla a few times about what we wanted to do.... and that's what we did. No cousin's carpet shop, no hour after hour of churches. If we got tired, we stopped and had a coffee somewhere. We didn't have to worry about delaying others and we didn't have to wait for that couple that was still haggling over the price of a Russian doll. We were in charge. It was great. And the tour guide was a lovely and incredibly informed woman named Jessica. Here accent was very easy to understand and she was passionate about her city. At one point, our parents were getting tired, so Jessica suggested that they wait in the car and she take my wife and me for a metro ride. That was interesting. The architecture of the subways were like great museums. Really impressive.
Anyway... you would think the price of this would have been outrageous, but when you consider that this was 8 hours one day and 6 the next, and compared it to the cost of 4 or 5 hour ship excursions, it really wasn't much more expensive. And believe me, this is the way we're going to do it from now on. And Ludmilla was great. I don't hesitate to recommend them.

3  Thank gearheart
Reviewed September 4, 2014

Just returned from a whirlwind trip to St Petersburg. We booked a private tour with Ludmila Tours via Alex. Our guide Christina was amazing and her knowledge of Russian history made our trip even more special and our driver Boris was also good. We don't normally do tours but this is the only way to see this city. She picked up on our vibes and we had a relaxing tour with perfectly timed coffee stops and just enough time visiting the Palaces to avoid the crowds; as well she also recommended some great restaurants since my friends are food connoissours. My friends were on the Silver Whisper cruise and I stayed at the Renaissance Baltic hotel and they picked me up first before we collected my friends plus it was my friends birthday and she organised for us to stop at special spot to toast her birthday. Will recommend to anyone visiting this city.

8  Thank donna_campbell
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Ludmila was not only very informative but knew how to avoid long entrance lines. Her English was perfect and had a great personality. Our 2 day visit to St Petersberg was a delightful time made possible with Ludmila's leadership.
I might also add that this company is priced below companies that use American Agents. This agency is a Russian based 5 star company. All visa's are included in your tour, also Boris was a super driver getting us through the St Petersberg traffic. Norman Checkor

10  Thank Norman C
See more reviews
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family just returned from a Baltic cruise which included a three day stop in St. Petersburg, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the service we received from Ludmila Tours, our tour guide Kristina, and driver Boris. Ludmila made it very easy to book online and answered all of my questions and concerns concerning the arrangements. I was a bit nervous about using a private tour company as the cruise ships tell you that you may not be able to enter the country unless on one of their tours. This was absolutely not the case. With our Ludmila tour tickets in hand, we passed easily through immigration and were greeted promptly by Kristina and Boris. Kristina was friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and accommodating for our family of five (my husband and I and three adult children). She was very organized and had pre-booked some attractions so we never had to wait in line for entry to the popular sights. This was a huge advantage as it was 90 degrees while we were there and some of the lines were very long. We were also thankful that Boris was always right outside the door to pick us up in his air conditioned Mercedes van. He also had plenty of bottled water available which was a nice touch. My family agreed that using a private tour company while in St. Petersburg was the smartest thing we did on our Baltic cruise and an excellent value for the service provided. Ludmila Tours, Kristina, and Boris were instrumental in making our visit to St. Petersburg "the trip of a lifetime"!

10  Thank Lesa M