“Hyatt(s) will be better”

Modern Hotel Hyundai
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Vladivostok
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed in the Hyundai a number of times and it has been up to now by far the best hotel in Vladivostok.

The rooms are clean, and would class as an Australian / US 3-4 star.
The Hyundai has been the best hotel in VVO for a long time, and as such is listed as the best hotel in a number of online and physical guidebooks. If you're looking for the best in town, go to the newly opened Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt.

Hyundai is in a fantastic location, and is very good compared to other Russian hotels, but you have to set the benchmark at Siberian / Far East hotels...

You may find working girls annoying in the foyer, and a large crowd of Chinese and Korean business men taking over the upstairs lounge as a karaoke bar... be ready... Not really an issue (and for those unused to Russia, fairly standard, but I would be surprised it it happened in the Hyatt).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Golden Horn Bay -
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mflucas22

Reviewed May 4, 2012

i stayed here for two nights last week, i was fortunate enough to get one of the newly renovated rooms with view over the port and the transsiberian railway station. the rooms was good, the bed was comfortable, great showers and satellite flat screen television. the service was fast and very good laundry. check-out was fast and efficient.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newly renovated rooms with view over the port.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank timetraveller64
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have been hesitant about writing this review as I don't want to offend anyone or misrepresent the situation, but I want to provide a bit of caution. I have traveled to Vladivostok on 3 separate occasions and during the second trip in October 2011, I stayed at the Hotel Hyundai. The other two trips were at the Vlad Motor Inn and I have posted my experiences there already.

I am expressing caution regarding the food at the hotel. During the stay at the Hotel Hyundai we only ate at this hotel with the exception of two times, at The Vlad Motor Inn. During this trip I contracted a stomach bug that went undetected for a few months. I am confident that I contracted it at the Hotel Hyundai. I had the salad and raw vegetables and my husband only ate the cooked/hot food. He did not contract anything.

I am a very seasoned world traveler and know what to stay away from. I did not heed my own advice and went ahead and ate what I should have not. I just want to caution travelers to be sure to only drink bottled or purified water (stick to hot tea or coffee if you can) and only eat well-cooked and/or hot foods.

This review is not meant to harm the Hotel Hyundai, just to bring a caution to travelers going to that part of the world.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank lbom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

It is a good hotel, though overpriced and not that fresh already. But I guess that it is the only one in Vladivostok that proves foreigner's expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank IOPAH
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We selected this hotel on recommendation of a colleague. Stay was for my wife and I with 4 year old son. Twin standard room was acceptable to Asian standards. Hotel services were very good as concierge has useful maps and restaurant/activity recommendations. Breakfast cafe could have larger quantities available or we ate late. Roof top restaurant was very nice with talented entertainment. We recommend to others

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank facorsig
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I think this must be the best hotel in Vladivostok. Stayed for 3 nights while on business and found the experience ok. No real issues with anything; cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, location and dining was good enough to ensure focus on the purpose of the trip. Personally I was prepared for far worse thinking that I should not expect much at the "end of the world" but I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and Vladivostok itself. I can easily recommend Hyundai hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank jkomis
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I turned up without a booking, however this was no problem for the staff who accommodated us in a good room. Being that it is in Eastern Russia it was surprisingly good, all the modern comforts you will need for a good stay.

We stayed for two days. short walk to the town centre, beach restaurants etc.....One problem was that fact I was a tourist I was probably charged about twice as much for the room, even though my Girlfriend is Russian!! But I guess thats the same all around the world even here in London!

very safe hotel, loads of security. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple