All reviews recommend this hotel room was spacious lobby bar nice hotel style taxi min city receptionist moscow
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I stayed two nights in a suite. Suites are located on the upper floor. Very pompous style ( as the name of the hotel suggests).
But the room was spacious, everything sparkling clean. Good toiletteries. Everything working very well in the room.
That same room, priced about 140$ ( canadian ) a night, would be 400 $ in Moscow.
Front desk people speak enough English for the process to be smooth.
Restaurant people have very little English, but things went very well any way, because they have excellent attitude, and try very hard. All staff dealing with guests visibly professionally trained.
I would go back any time.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Anastasia S, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at SK Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear 88puffin!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at SK Royal Hotel Yaroslavl. We are grateful for your confidence in us and in our services. We are pleased to learn that you appreciated the comfort of our spacious rooms and warm care of each member of our team. We thank you for your kind words and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.
Sincerely yours,
Anastasia Shustina FO Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Spent one night in the lux room. Good enough, but a lot of small things that could be done to improve quality. If you are going to the spa take rubber sleepers. It's the only way not to fell down. So not use sleepers from the room - it’s really dangerous.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Anastasia S, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at SK Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear BasilJr!
Thank you very much for your review of SK Royal hotel Yaroslavl. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly share your comment with colleagues. We value your feedback, as it helps to understand the direction for future development and to value the reached achievements.
We’re looking forward to see you our guest again in future!
Best regards,
Anastasia Shustina FO Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2017

This hotel seems the best in Yaroslavl. Though not directly in the center of the city, one can reach it easily by taxi (very cheap) or by tram (there is a stop within walking distance).

The service is excellent, the rooms are large, the breakfast is gorgeous. The restaurant for dinner is cheap but excellent. Internet is free and fast. The only problem is that the man at the reception desk is asking you proofs of all your previous stays in Russia since the very moment when you entered the country ! He ask you to show every receipt of hotels and has some difficulties to understand that you are travelling by your own and that you might have paid all the hotels in advance by "Expedia" for example ! This is not the case for others private hotels I visited during my round trip from Nijnii-Novogorod to Yaroslavl and Kostroma. The check-in sounded like an all movie in Russia when it was not possible to travel but using governemental Intourist agency !
Forgot this ennoying moment, I enjoyed very much both two stays there.

Room tip: ask for the upper floors
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Анастасия Ш, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at SK Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear guest!
We are happy to receive feedback from you about your staying in SK Royal Yaroslavl. We really appreciate and value your opinion. We understand that the process of registration of foreign citizens is complicated and we apologize for any inconvenience. You are right, Russian law supposes that we are obliged to inform the migration service if foreign guests came to our hotel after 7 days of crossing the Russian border. And the hotels you stayed in earlier are required to provide you with a supporting document. We understand that this procedure complicates travel across Russia, but we must act within the framework of existing legislation.
The team of the SK Royal Yaroslavl wishes you new trips and discoveries. We’re looking forward to seeing you our guest again in future!

Best regards,
Front Office Manager
Anastasia Shustina

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I was so excited to get there as I drove from Nizhniy Novgorod (yes, hard to believe)!
The reason for my excitement was the Spa (pool and sauna).
After a journey that took me ages (the roads are in an awful condition) I arrived to the hotel around 8:00pm. Of course I've asked about the spa! :)

I found out that access is only available if you book in advance and therefore it was not available for me until 10:00pm.
I was ok with that since I was hungry - I moved my suite room from the 4th floor to the 8th floor (I could hear the A/C vents from the restaurant) and I went down.

The restaurant was advertising a nice steak - so I thought I will keep it simple !

This is where the nightmare started! At 10:00pm my food was still not ready - I was fuming on the ignorant restaurant personnel, who we're continuously saying that the meal will be ready in the next 5-10 min!
I left the table angry at 10:05 to check the Spa schedule as I thought I'll go in town to eat. A lady from the restaurant followed me and asked if I would like to eat in the pool area! I was a bit shocked - I complained about all the situation and I accepted to eat in my room only because she promised the food will arrive in one minute (as it was ready made). Well, I waited another 10 min and went down to reception. There was no food!

I gave up the Spa (it was anyway closing down at 11:30pm) and I went out in town for dinner.

I thought it was bad luck with the restaurant because the front desk staff were really nice!

Next morning when I went down for breakfast I realised the hotel has a serious problem with the kitchen! I couldn't eat much - cold fried eggs, very well done omelette cut-out in cubes, the salami and the ham looked very cheap, etc. No fresh juice, a poor choice of fruits, some cakes indeed, cereals and cooked meals (like for real meal). It must be the Russian style - but I doubt this since I stayed at other two hotels last week and there were no problems with the breakfast!

The rooms
These are very nice - they have an 'old Royal classic' feel that I found interesting - a very comfortable bed with a nice sitting room. All perfect except the air-conditioning (a bit too noisy) - but I switched it off.

Next day I complained to the hotel manager about the restaurant - so there is no excuse if you get the same crappy service in the restaurant!

It is a pity because the hotel as the team works hard to present immaculate rooms - I almost feel sorry I can't give a better review - but my experience wasn't great!

On another hand, the booking system at the Spa might work as it is, but it is strange not to be able to enjoy if you didn't book access to the Spa well in advance - how can you know when you get there of what are you going to do or how you feel in future?! The hotel guests should have priority over locals... But this is another story!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Markco_ro
KUZNETSOVAASKROYAL, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at SK Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review about SK Royal Hotel Yaroslavl.
We will work through this issue with our chef and we hope that you will see changes.
Changes in the rules on the procedure at the spa recently changed.
These rules allow guests to comfortably relax in the aqua zone and not worry about the hygiene of the swimming pool.
We invite you to visit our network of hotels to get positive emotions and joy!
Best Regards,
Hotel manager Kuznetsova Anna

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Looking at the hotel with its 10 floors from the outside you expect a modern building. But inside it is designed in the traditional Russian style.
Free parking is available directly in front of the House.
The House, which is located on the edge of a park area, is easily accessible by car. In order to reach the city center on foot you have to walk for quite a while though. However, there are a number of small parking possibilities along the bank of Kotorosl River.
We were welcomed by a lady who spoke very good English. This was in stark contrast to other hotels at the golden ring, where the use of English was partially a big problem for the staff. Both check-in and check-out at the SK Royal were handled quickly and professionally.
The buffet breakfast offered a large variety of food and was of excellent quality.
Unfortunately we could not use the swimming pool, as we were pressed for time but anyway it was quite large and of pleasant temperature. The hotel should waive the regulation of prior notification when guests want to use of the pool.
Our room including the bathroom proved to be quite spacious. The air conditioning worked well and there was a mini bar. The only thing we missed was a kettle.
The view from the small balcony was not really nice due to a construction site nearby.
The Wi-Fi worked flawlessly.

The Royal SK was the best hotel we encountered during our short tour of the Golden Ring. With a few minor amendments it could easily be classified as a 5-star rather than a 4-star property. It can be fully recommended.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KUZNETSOVAASKROYAL, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at SK Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your appreciation of the work of staff reception and accommodation. We make every effort in the preparation of professionals in each division at SK Royal Hotel Yaroslavl. Thank you for helping us to become better. With regard to the appointment in the aqua-zone: unfortunately we can not cancel the service in connection with the influx of visitors wishing to visit the spa-salon. Therefore, for your comfort the recording by phone 8 (4852) 67-29-09. Nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast: their diversity and high quality products. Your review has left so much warmth and pride in our hotel, thank you! We sincerely hope that during your next trip to the Golden Ring you back your choice on our hotel! Best wishes, hotel manager Anna Kuznetsova.