“non-standard decisions”

Ibis Yaroslavl Centre
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Yaroslavl
“non-standard decisions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is pretty good. But when you have some unique situation no one is eager to help you. I will only two situations:
1. I booked the room via Internet. I think Internet is very useful for such goals. Moreover I was asked by hotel staff during my previous visit to do it. I did everything correctly (booked a room with a king-size bed) and received confirmation that the room is booked. When I came to the hotel I was told during registration process that it is immpossible to provide me with the room I wanted because I did smth incorrectly during booking. After I showed the confirmation list (which as I think tells that everything was done properly) I was repeated that I did smth incorrectly (what exactly was incorrect - noone could answer). So I had to stay in the room with two beds (which i thought was rather inconvinient).
2. When I asked the staff during my stay where can I buy chocolate, I was told that there are a lot of shops nearby and I should look for it myself.

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

A newly built (2012?) hotel near the historical center of Yaroslavl. Not the cheapest in the city, but quite good to prolong life of your A-club miles :)
The breakfast is good, but looks too expensive (as in most of Ibis hotels I've been to).
The parking in the small street near the hotel always has free places to park

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

all is all disappointing - I know this is a 2 star product but still....
the waitress at breakfast spent more time with her boyfriend this morning than with the guests - our plates stood empty in front of us for more than 20' despite there being 3 or 4 waiters and only 6 guests or so
Breakfast was poor, porridge was tepid, eggs looked depressing,...
Rooms are really OK, had a very good sleep - everything that they advertise - however, I did find hairs in both bathroom and room that were definitely not mine......
Check Inn and reception are OK and they speak English, sometimes with a smile, which is a nice experience in Russia....
Strange that you cannot book what you order in the bar to your room number, but this is not the end of the world.
So would I come here again? Maybe, but I'll try some others first to see if I can get better
Value for money, Ibis is always good though...

Room Tip: ask for non smoking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had an excellent time at the Ibis Yaroslavl. I was travelling to visit my girlfriend, who is currently studying in Yaroslavl, and I wanted to find a nice hotel without paying a fortune. I booked online in advance, and that got me a really cheap rate, much better than I found for a lot of Yaroslavl's other upscale hotels. We never had any problems with the hotel - our room was quite nice. The room was perhaps a little smaller than I would have naively expected thinking of American hotels, but there was certainly plenty of space for us and all of our stuff.

The service overall was very good - the room was kept nice and clean, and when we needed a taxi back to the train station on my last day, they were able to set it up for us with no problem. I guess it might sound a little silly from a Western perspective, but I was very glad to find friendly and helpful service, which can on occasion be lacking in Russia. One note: the breakfast (particularly the one they sell online when booking) is fairly overpriced, even by US/European standards. I just got things from cafes and vendors, which were a lot cheaper and also quite tasty.

The hotel was also conveniently located, only a few blocks away from a couple different major bus stops from which you can get anywhere in the city. I'd definitely stay at the Ibis again if I came back to Yaroslavl, since it's nice to know that you can expect a high level of quality and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alec C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is just ok for a short business or leisure stay. Good choice if you only need a place to sleep. We stayed for one night with my husband and 2-year old daughter. Double room would be fine if they pay a bit more attention to cleaning. Window was aslo not very handy - you can either keep it shut or open too wide - not very useful for cold weather.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was staying in September 2012 at Ibis hotel for 2 nights!rooms are the same as in ibis hotel all over the world,small,but very clean!hotel located in the center so it is walking distanse to historical monuments,restaraunts and bars!if u dont to walk taxi cost 100 roubles around the city!i dont take breakfast in the hotel.there is nice cafe near hotel where u can have breakfat with the fresh juice!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Zybalova
İstanbul, Türkiye
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

i went twice but i did not stay another hotel in Yaroslavl so i can not compare with the other but: perfect staff in reception, perfect location. the room is simple but you can find everything you need, include safe box and no extra payment. hotel is clean, shinning, new. good bathroom. i did not like: rooms are little cold. at room internet is not perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo