“Contemporary cuisine with a Russian twist”
Review of Penati

Penati
Ranked #1 of 682 Restaurants in Yaroslavl
Cuisines: European, Russian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Ambiance of the late Soviet Union restaurant culture... Amazing menu and desserts so inventive and artsy they alone deserve all the time and attention you have.
I’ve ordered fish soup and herring-based entries. Simply stunning. Plus we all ordered different desserts so we could try as many things as we could. Totally worth it.
We were so impressed with the food, the concept, the service and the presentation, we even looked the chief up. We were pleasantly surprised to find out it’s a local, with a passion for learning and constant perfection, including from his colleagues abroad.
One small thing - they need to change the music that is broadcast in the dining area. A stark contract with everything else that is carefully thought through and curated.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank nataliab802

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We went here with my wife's family. (I recommend making reservations), and although I have written very positive reviews for several other places that we dined at in Yaroslavl, they all pale in comparison to this exquisite culinary experience. Come hungry, and sample from different portions of the menu. While it is absolutely fine dining, and "expensive", the value here is incredible.
The decor is lovely (even if sitting in the deep chairs made me feel a little bit like a child at the grown-up table!), the officiants (servers) are incredible (and the one who served us even spoke english to help me), yes they do have english menus as well.
the food.... I dont even know how to describe it because I do not think that there are words to give justice to the masterpieces of art and taste that will be brought to you. We had enough people that we sampled from different areas of the menu, and everything we had was incredible. If you like beet-root salads that are popular in russia, there is as a cold appetizer a form of 'vinigrette ice-cream' that you must try. We had crab dishes, salads, beef, and pork, and literally every dish was incredible. It was hard to save room for desert, but these too were presented beautifully, and with very unique features on each dish.
For fine dining in Yaroslavl, I simply can not find a better place. (although there is good competition, and I have tried!)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I recommend. Delicious food and very good service. We have been there with children- all was very friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank C9333EUivans
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

The quality of food is simply amazing. As good as any meal we’ve had all over Europe, South Africa, Australia and beyond. Michelin star quality food at a fraction of the price. Incredible to find such a high standard of food in a relatively small town in Russia.

There were 3 of us, we all had 3 courses, 2 bottles of tremendous South African Chenin blanc wine, one beer and sparkling water, and the total price was 9,500 RUB (around 110 pounds). Incredibly good value for the quality of the food.

It may take a little longer to prepare the food but it is entirely worth the wait - the chef is obviously extremely talented and is ensuring that every dish that goes out is perfect. Have eaten in a few Michelin star restaurants before and this was genuinely every bit as good! Keep up the brilliant work!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Just awesome the restaurant!
It’s really special place.
Highest level of kitchen, sooooo cozy inside.
This kind of places we call “love is in the details”!
Thanks a lot.