“Weird booking service and weird hostess.”
Review of Goodman - CLOSED

Goodman
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Patriarch Ponds
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Visited the restaurant on Tverskaya on Feb, 14th, rang the restaurant at 7pm to book a table for 7:30pm, as we were in a walking distance from the place. A happy voice of a guy Andrey has double checked everything and confirmed that there is a table available for 3ppl for 7:30pm. So when we came in the hostess told me that she had just rang my cell to inform that there is no table
available for us, the time was 7:30pm but she just decided that we would be ok without a table. Moreover, she told me that the person Andrey didn't not work on that day, but somehow that non-existing Andrey had written my phone number and name in the booking log book! How ridiculous! So we had to wait at the bar for an hour for a table. All the rest was great! Waiters are very good! Sommelier as well! Cheered us up and suggested a very good wine!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have bin in Goodman several times. There you can be sure that you get good meat, good service, and appropriate vine. But as to my opinion, the prices are too high. Good dinner with wine takes about 80 USD per person.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Its not cheap - a melting filet steak with wine and veg cost 2000 Rubs but the texture and taste was very high end. The atmosphere was a bit smokey.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have had dinner 3 times at Goodman's. The food is good but the services is the worst I have experienced in Moscow. The last time I was there I asked for my check repeatedly, after 45 minutes I found the manager and he finally told the server to issue the check. After another 10 minutes it was finally delivered to me. In 3 times I had dinner there I had a very poor service experience with the serving staff. I stay across the street at the Marriott Grand it is a very convenient location but I will dine there again.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had a great dinner with my girlfriend. My favourite food are steaks and Goodman offer a wide range of normal to dry aged meat in different cuts and sizes.

We both went for the Goodman dinner deal, a 300 gram Chateu Briand filet, mashed potatoes and the goodman steak sauce including a glass of wine.

Quick and promptly service, steak cooked mid-rare and medium to perfection and the tastes of the condiments were great.

I recommend anyone looking for a proper steak dinner to visit one of the Goodman restaurants around town.

I will be back=)