“Pricey but excellent meat”
Review of Goodman - CLOSED

Goodman
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Patriarch Ponds
Warsaw, Poland
“Pricey but excellent meat”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Well. You are in Moscow and you have a steak. It has to cost you arm and leg. Exactly 1450Rub - 35 euro for Australian skirt steak (rib eye was 45 - 1850Rub).

But the steak was cooked as ordered - medium rare, meat excellent quality with deep taste as in typical skirt steak, I took that with brilliant beefy tomatoes with pickled onion and fresh coriander. Their bread is also fresh and glass of Chilean Cab Sav (Caliterra Reserve) was good value for 320rub (again one may complain about 8eur for glass of wine, but really in Moscow...)

What else - I don't know other steak houses in Moscow and sometimes I just need meat, so Goodman is good choice then.

Btw - I normally go to one in Kiyevska Gallery, but this one is much nicer location.

• Visited July 2013

Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had two burgers and two cokes. The burgers were nice, and a good size for two hungry diners. We felt it was quite expensive - around £15 per burger.
We are late, around 10pm, and the restaurant was quiet. As well as eating inside, you could eat outside, though this formed the smoking area.

Visited July 2013
“Steak overcooked and overpriced.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hidden service charge for over 6.
Terrible service as well. I would not go there again. Ordered a rib eye...it was thin and fatty (not marbled). Temperature was off as well.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“1 Yes, 1 No”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

On a recent trip to Moscow, we stayed in the city for 7 nights. Friends recommended Goodman for a great steak and we went on a Tuesday night. All four of us had steak and they were expertly cooked. The meal, service and all round experience was so good, we went back on Thursday night.

Two of our group had the Goodman burger which they said was very good. I had some of my husbands fries, they were cold. I ordered the lamb fillet's. The menu recommends that you have them Med Rare. Two of the five small fillets' they give were med, the rest all well done and they were all cold.

The service, compared to what we experienced the first night was just plain bad. I got the impression they were short staffed as the waitresses seemed quite flustered, we had to ask for more drinks and our sides. There was no follow up service.

At the end of the evening we asked for two separate bills and were flatly told No! "you should have asked for this before".
So bear that in mind if you need separate bills.

Will we go there again - probably yes, as we live in East Russia at the moment and it's the closest we get to a good steak once or twice a year.

Visited May 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Meat almost as good as Goodman in London”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were invited by some friends and I took the filet château which was very good. The meat was imported from Australia and was very tasty. It didn't quite reach the standard of the beautiful Irish filet that I ate in their restaurant in London but it was close.

• Visited May 2013