“Delicious food Excellent Place”
Review of Turandot

Turandot
Ranked #23 of 14,266 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: European, Chinese, Japanese, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tverskaya
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Delicious food in a luxurious atmosphere .Try the baked sterlet. Never had something like that. Real Delicious. Excellent service . I will surely come back and tell my friends to come.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is a joy from the moment the very friendly greeter takes you to your table to the wonderful atmosphere of the restaurant. There are a number of rooms and I had reserved the terrace but as it was a little chilly elected to take a table on the first floor. There is also a ground floor space that looked comfortable and I would imagine had lower prices but cannot be sure. We were shown to a lovely large table (all tables seat four easily) overlooking the downstairs space. The first thing that hits you is the beauty of the space with bright high ceiling done in the rococo style (some might see it as kitsch but it is impressive).

Service was excellent and the food is oriental in style but not a full on chinese and I am loath to describe it as fusion because that says to me confused. This is food with an oriental feel and it is delicious. I had steamed dim sum and they were sensational my wife had the salmon and scallop also delicious. For mains we had the sea bass with honey sauce which was an excellent piece of fish but the sauce was a bit too sweet but the fish was perfectly prepared. The crispy chicken was quite honestly the best chicken I have tasted in a long time perfectly cooked and moist with a perfect thin crispy skin, sensational.

wine prices are high but a bottle of entre deaux mers was perfectly fine and a relative bargain at £58 a bottle! Turandot is the must place to visit in Moscow with perfect service and the best of food.

After the meal the receptionist took us to the terrace and it is a lovely space and even in the chilly evening would have been fine as they have heaters just ensure the ladies take a pashmina.

1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Élisabeth I, who made Russian culture gallomaniac for two centuries, still reigns here. French rococo design, and cuisine, deliciously stuffed with chinoiseries and Oriental exotics, marry well with French champaign (good reserve).

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is pretty good but this place is beautiful. The experience is great starting with the amazingly lovely looking greeter to the lovely rooms and the ceilings were amazing. No food can really live up yo the ambiance and it didnt. Yes it's expensive but really this is the real deal

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wanted to try Turandot and I was very glad I did. Set in a beautifully decorated old house the atmosphere of the place is luxurious and fantastic. I went there for a brunch with my husband and in-laws. Not only is the interiour beautiful, but it's matched by amazing food. We've tried a little bit of everything and all of it was really delicious. I was very eager to taste a small bite of many meals and all of them were amazing. My favourite was the sushi though, very very good. We went for the option with alcohol and the champagne we were served was of a very good quality. We had sometimes indicate to our waiter we need another spoon, or a refill, but the service was overall good and courteous. The prices are quite steep but the products served are of high quality so this most definitely was a very good value for money. I would definitely like to repeat this experience again.