“Best restaurant in Moscow”
Review of Cafe Pushkin

Cafe Pushkin
Ranked #14 of 14,373 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: European, Russian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tverskaya
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Don´t miss this great restaurant the place has an elegant and interesting interior design that will make you feel in a different era.
Service is great, waiters are very kind
Food: you will have a wide selection of fine Russian cuisine.
Wish I can go back.
Don´t miss this beautiful place.

Maison-Dellos_Russia, General Manager at Cafe Pushkin, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you flattering review, we are delighted to read it and share it with our staff!

You can indeed come back, as you are wishing it, if not in Moscow, try us in Paris if you ever stop by, we will very soon be opening a restaurant on the Boulevard St Germain.

Hoping your trip back to Mexico was pleasant.

With my very best regards,

Dahert Elias
Deputy General Manager
Cafe Pushkin Moscow

Write a ReviewReviews (6,156)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The best restaurant in Moscow,we were thrilled with a lot of choice for menu plus the staff were really nice and great at their job.Food was great,on top of that the dessert - pushkin cake Don't miss that,The guard at front door may looks angry all the time,but do not worry just push the door and step in to feel the lush of russian ways.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic old fashioned food done very well! The desserts are the best thing from the place. Service is amazing
Wish I could go again

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Upon reading all the great reviews of this restaurant, I dragged my husband here for a late night dinner...and felt bad. The interior resembles that of someone's home and feels inviting. Yes the food here is overpriced, but is it good or worth it? No. We ordered the caviar blinis, beet salad, venison, and beef straganoff. All items were really average at best. I almost felt as if the food was reheated/microwaved. I was also shocked at how expensive the wine list was at this restaurant. This place is up there with some very upscale restaurants (and ever more expensive), but the quality is not worth it. I honestly wouldn't even bother coming here. If you're looking for an authentic Russian experience at a nice restaurant, there are better options out there.

1  Thank Tanya K

Dear Tanya,

I would like to thank you for taking the time sharing your review.

I sadly discover that all what we tried to provide you with was not up to your expectations.

We do not have any microwave in our kitchens and do not reheat dishes, not in the 15 years. We could not afford putting the reputation of our establishment on a microwaved food.

But I would be very grateful if we could get in touch together in order for me to analyse what really wasn't up to your taste and act in proactive way.

Thank you once again for your review,

With my best regards,
Dahert Elias
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Diligent service in an antique setting with quick food delivery. A varied menu with quality food cooked well.